Chances Worley sticks as the 5th starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances Worley sticks as the 5th starter

He looks good, but is there any chance he sticks over Blanton as the 5th starter long term?

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    He looks good, but is there any chance he sticks over Blanton as the 5th starter long term?
    I had the same thought last night (selfishly as I picked him up and am DESPERATE for pitching) but I kinda doubt it. Seems like right now Blanton is the kind of guy who will get plugged back in, continue to stink, etc.

Comment

During the game last night the philly radio guys were discussing the benefits of leaving him up in the MLB pen or sending him back to AAA to continue getting starts. I don't think there's much chance at all that he sticks as the 5th starter. Charlie likes his vets.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Blanton going back to the DL and Worley had previously been shipped to AAA to stay stretched out. Looks like he could be back again

Comment

If by "long term" you mean "after Blanton gets traded or his contract runs out," then yes.

In the very short term, Worley will be back after Blanton goes on the DL next week.

But Blanton will be plugged in again when he is healthy.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Worley indeed to take Blanton's rotation spot (and potentially two-start week)

Comment

Blanton is going to see Dr. James Andrews, so there's a possibility Worley could stay in the rotation all year.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X