into the den...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• into the den...

So, I have joined a live auction league outside of my home town, I am travelling to "New York city!!"

Anyone have suggestions on how to take advantage of an auction in the heart of Yankee land?

A.L. only, 40 man rosters, 5x5.

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    So, I have joined a live auction league outside of my home town, I am travelling to "New York city!!"

Anyone have suggestions on how to take advantage of an auction in the heart of Yankee land?

A.L. only, 40 man rosters, 5x5.
    Bring up Yankees to see how many homers want to overpay.

Comment

Yeah, I'd throw out someone like Ellsbury just to see how inflated his price gets. Otherwise just know how much inflation there will be and try to jump in early on one of the studs.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Yeah, I'd throw out someone like Ellsbury just to see how inflated his price gets. Otherwise just know how much inflation there will be and try to jump in early on one of the studs.
        Ellsbury won't attract much attention from Yankee fans. If players like Sanchez, Bird or Judge are available, toss them out first.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Ellsbury won't attract much attention from Yankee fans. If players like Sanchez, Bird or Judge are available, toss them out first.
          As a NYer do exactly this. Also Pineda, Chapman and Betances. Thats really all the players worth getting on the Yankees. The team sucks now so its not like the good ole decades.

Comment

Alternatively, you might toss out some Sawx players like Pedroia or Bogaerts to see if they go under-value.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

there might also be a modest tendency to underpay for West Coast players since they wouldn't see them as often. but depends on the age of the owners and if they watch baseball (not every fantasy player watches a lot of it. some mainly follow the stats)

p.s. how did the latex salesman gig work out?
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X