Tanaka's elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka's elbow

How confident is everyone in this cat making it through 2017 unscathed, torn UCL and all?
    Have an offer on the table, and I'm a might bit concerned...
    No worries - domo arigato!
    0%
    Worth the gamble!
    0%
    Will not complete '17.
    0%
    Will not make it to Opening Day!
    0%
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

I mean, I was scared in 2015, and he survived. I was scared last year, and he survived. I'm a tiny bit less scared this year, so this is probably the year it breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I mean, I was scared in 2015, and he survived. I was scared last year, and he survived. I'm a tiny bit less scared this year, so this is probably the year it breaks.
      Ha, was thinking the same thing. The year I draft him will be the year his elbow blows apart.

Comment

It all depends on what the offer is...everything had a right price, what's the price for Tanaka?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I paid $14 for him last year and he helped me score 59 of a possible 60 pitching points. I would pay about that for him again (12-team mixed) though I'm not going to keep him.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            It all depends on what the offer is...everything had a right price, what's the price for Tanaka?
            This is the key question. And what your other pitching keepers are.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The price I'm paying is irrelevant. I've already determined that the asking price is something that I can part with, and the rest of my staff is being kept at well below cost.
              I'm more concerned with pen's impressions of his reliability. Have we had a similar precedent? I cant think of any.
              In an AL only 4x4, he was the #6 SP last year. If he comes close to last year's numbers, he's well worth the already discounted price ($17).
              That's the same price he went for in LABR this year, which I think is fair. If my calculations are correct, the only upper tier pitchers available at draft will be Sale, and the likes of Felix & Price, who come with their own (substantial) issues.

So, the question remains, do you roster him at a fair price, that is likely already discounted for health reasons?
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                I'm more concerned with pen's impressions of his reliability. Have we had a similar precedent? I cant think of any.
                Ervin Santana?

Comment

Tanaka's Elbow would be a great name for a band.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Tanaka's Elbow would be a great name for a band.
                    I'd buy the albu...errr...CD....errr, whatever it's called these days. Get off my lawn!
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      ditto
                      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                      X