Which side? AL keeper trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which side? AL keeper trade

Which side of this potential trade do you like best? League is 10-team AL-only, with contracts keepable up to their "C" year.

A) Bregman $2B / Osuna $7C

B) J. Ramirez $4B / E. Diaz $5B

Coin flip. Smarter people than me think Ramirez is a regression candidate, so I lean ever so slightly towards side A. Enough to give up a year of control? Probably. I really like all 4 of these guys.

Comment

Wow that is close. I lean towards the extra year of Diaz, but that's an outstanding couple of pairings.
      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Yes, very close. I LOVE Diaz, but I also LOVE Bregman, maybe more. In a coin flip, I usually go with the side with the best player--Bregman.

Comment

Yeah, Bregman side, not a Ramirez believer.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Side A, but it is close

Comment

Nice players. Bregman has the power over Ramirez. Ramirez has the speed potential, however.

The question would be answered better in the context of team's need.

In today's game where speed is valuable, I'd probably lean towards B, also reaping an extra year in Diaz's contract vs. Osuna's.
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

I like A. We have seen the best of Ramirez. Its good and it may repeat but its not getting better. Bregman has the higher upside. A closer can easily not be the closer in 3 outings.

Comment

I like A as well, but as others have said, this is darn close.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks all. I'm the Ramirez/Diaz side. Have agreement from the other owner and am tempted to pull the trigger.

Comment

Welp, this trade isn't exactly working out as planned. I did guess right on Diaz not being the second coming of Rivera, and Osuna has him beat on value there. But as for Bregman vs. Ramirez, JRam is crushing this year! I predicted a solid season with some regression, but this is pretty impressive from him! The question remains whether Bregman will step it up a notch in the 2nd half... I'm hopeful. Anyone else surprised by Ramirez this year?

Comment

Working...
                      X