One injury removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One injury removed

All the regular starters have been taken. Most of the significant part time players are gone. Initial bids are always $1 and some are winning. When it's about skills not roles, whose names are on your list? Who has the tools but needs a path to playing time?

C - Jorge Alfaro

CI - Jefry Marte, Byung Ho Park, Kennys Vargas, A.J. Reed, Jorge Polanco, Cheslor Cuthbert, JaCoby Jones, Hunter Dozier,

MI - Ozzy Albies, Raul Mondesi, Jurickson Profar, JP Crawford, Dilson Herrera

OF - Raimel Tapia, Bradley Zimmer, Nick Williams, Austin Meadows, Lewis Brinson, Roman Quinn, Jesse Winker

The bunches tend to come where defense is not premium, 1B/LF/DH. There is an unusual number of 3B this year.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-07-2017, 07:14 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    All the regular starters have been taken. Most of the significant part time players are gone. Initial bids are always $1 and some are winning. Whose names are on your list? Who has the skill but needs a path to playing time?

CI - Jefry Marte, Byung Ho Park, Kennys Vargas, A.J. Reed, Jorge Polanco, Cheslor Cuthbert, JaCoby Jones, Hunter Dozier
    MI - Ozzy Albies, Raul Mondesi, Jurickson Profar
    OF - Raimel Tapia, Bradley Zimmer, Nick Williams, Austin Meadows

The bunches tend to come where defense is not premium, 1B/LF/DH. There is an unusual number of 3B this year.

J
    Great topic.

I haven't begun my list but damn, you've covered a lot of A.L.'ers here. Thanks

Comment

I have more of the NL perspective here (dont play in any AL onlys yet)

OF- Lewis Brinson (a Braun trade away), Roman Quinn (I think he is ahead of Nick Williams if healthy), Nick Senzel and/or Jesse Winker (If Schebler falters), Albert Almora

MI- JP Crawford

C- Jorge Alfaro

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        Great topic.

I haven't begun my list but damn, you've covered a lot of A.L.'ers here. Thanks
        Welcome. Nice to see new faces.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

A few that come to mind

HOU - AJ Reed is a really good bet, with position flexibility from Yuli and Bregman that can cover just about any injury. Don't forget about Marwin though.
          PIT - I am not sure yet, but both Adam Frazier and Alen Hanson stand to gain time as utility guys, and David Freese is the benificiary of any Kang suspensions. I think Frazier is probably also the short-term fill in for OF injuries.
          CHC - I don't think they have a full-time role for Baez right now, so I think he'd benefit first, with Zobrist or Baez covering whoever is hurt
          STL - Matt Adams if any one of the Gyorko/Diaz/Carpenter/Wong group struggles
          BOS - Brock Holt of course
          TOR - Steve Pearce, if he doesn't already have the ABs
          MIL - Hernan Perez, but he'll be too expensive anyway. Brinson could benefit from any long-term OF changes.
          LAD - Cody Bellinger could benefit from any OF/1B injuries
          LAA - what's the deal with Valbuena and Cron? Are they splitting time at 1B? Valbuena can fake it at 2B/3B and get them both time.

Comment

All the regular starters have been taken. Most of the significant part time players are gone. Initial bids are always $1 and some are winning. When it's about skills not roles, whose names are on your list? Who has the tools but needs a path to playing time?

CI - Jefry Marte, Byung Ho Park, Kennys Vargas, A.J. Reed, Jorge Polanco, Cheslor Cuthbert, JaCoby Jones, Hunter Dozier
            Isn't Polanco slated to be the starting SS in Minnesota this year?
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
              Isn't Polanco slated to be the starting SS in Minnesota this year?
              Good catch. That bumps him up to hot property (for the past #300 crowd).

What about Dylan Cozens' chances?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Good catch. That bumps him up to hot property (for the past #300 crowd).

What about Dylan Cozens' chances?

J
                Doobie, Saunders, Howie Kendrick, Altherr.
                Quinn, Nick Williams, Cozens.

The first 4 are the guys who will be on the 25-man. The next 3 are the next guys up in some order. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Quinn breaks camp as the 5th OF and Williams sucks at AAA so Cozens jumps him. Maybe Cozens is already ahead. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

The first 4 are the guys who will be on the 25-man. The next 3 are the next guys up in some order. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Quinn breaks camp as the 5th OF and Williams sucks at AAA so Cozens jumps him. Maybe Cozens is already ahead. Who knows?
                  I assume Doobie means Herrera. Hmmm. Kendrick is 33, Saunders is 30, the rest are 27 or less. Is Kendrick trade bait?

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I assume Doobie means Herrera. Hmmm. Kendrick is 33, Saunders is 30, the rest are 27 or less. Is Kendrick trade bait?

J
                    Yes, I'd imagine they'd be happy to flip Saunders or Kendrick once the kids pass the super 2 deadline and prove they won't be overwhelmed in the majors. The question is, will anyone trade for those guys?

And yes, Doobie is Odubel

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

That would be my best guess as well.

If you want one more Phillie who is in the same boat as a lot of these guys, it's ryse hoskins.

Almost for sure up this year: Crawford
                      Probably but needs something to happen: Quinn (trade, stay healthy), Williams (play well, injury), Alfaro (injury)
                      Long shot: Cozens (stays hot, injuries, everyone else fails), Hoskins (stays hot, Joseph collapses), Kingerly (Hernandez sucks or is traded)
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I like Dilson Herrera to get time with the Reds at some point this year. He never got a full, fair shake in NY. He has some potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I like Dilson Herrera to get time with the Reds at some point this year. He never got a full, fair shake in NY. He has some potential.
                          That's a good one because you have Peraza and E Suarez parked at his two possible IF positions. Yet, Herrera is only 23 and has had massive success at AAA.

Jose Martinez is trying to force his way into the St Louis roster with a big preseason. He's 28. it may be now or never.

J
                          Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-07-2017, 08:18 PM.
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            That would be my best guess as well.

If you want one more Phillie who is in the same boat as a lot of these guys, it's ryse hoskins.

Almost for sure up this year: Crawford
                            Probably but needs something to happen: Quinn (trade, stay healthy), Williams (play well, injury), Alfaro (injury)
                            Long shot: Cozens (stays hot, injuries, everyone else fails), Hoskins (stays hot, Joseph collapses), Kingerly (Hernandez sucks or is traded)
                            Oh and for some reason they also have Chris Coghlan.

Comment

I think Profar is not eligible at MI (unless you count cross position eligibility [which I think most leagues don't] making him 3B only). He does have an easy path to playing time as he is penciled in to be on the strong side of the left field platoon this year and if he excels, he'll play. And any injury gives him full time playing time, too, since he can basically play anything but catcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X