Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade advice?

Abreu $15z and Springer $5b for Blackmon $15y and J. Turner $5b

So like a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder for a 1st and a 7th? In a vacuum I might take Turner/Blackmon who I really like, but the fact that Springer is the cheap guy on that side makes it tough. If you're really going for it, maybe take the Blackmon side, but I would wonder what Springer's value would be to a rebuilding team.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      So like a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder for a 1st and a 7th? In a vacuum I might take Turner/Blackmon who I really like, but the fact that Springer is the cheap guy on that side makes it tough. If you're really going for it, maybe take the Blackmon side, but I would wonder what Springer's value would be to a rebuilding team.
      Thanks joncarlos. I think it's fairly even. I own The Springer side. I'm the defending champ. Shoud have a good team this year too I assume. I like the extra year of blackmon as opposed to Abreu but see Springer as obviously better than Turner but I've owned him since he came up and he gets hurt alot. He still has upside. I would only extend him 1 year so his salray this year would actually be $10y.

So I guess the actual question is Abreu $15z and Springer $10Y (thats what I'd make him other guy might make him $15 or $20 even. I'm conservative with my extensions) for Blackmon $15Y and Justin Turner $5b.

Comment

I would take Blackmon and Turner.

Comment

I would take Abreu & Springer.

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
            Thanks joncarlos. I think it's fairly even. I own The Springer side. I'm the defending champ. Shoud have a good team this year too I assume. I like the extra year of blackmon as opposed to Abreu but see Springer as obviously better than Turner but I've owned him since he came up and he gets hurt alot. He still has upside. I would only extend him 1 year so his salray this year would actually be $10y.

So I guess the actual question is Abreu $15z and Springer $10Y (thats what I'd make him other guy might make him $15 or $20 even. I'm conservative with my extensions) for Blackmon $15Y and Justin Turner $5b.
            I've never been an Abreu guy. Blackmon is a really interesting dude. He became a lot better hitter last year, which is nice, but ran less, which I expect will probably continue. If this deal means TWO years of Blackmon then I would probably do it. Then again I should mention I am one of the highest on Justin Turner. I really like what he did with his swing.

Comment

I've never been an Abreu guy. Blackmon is a really interesting dude. He became a lot better hitter last year, which is nice, but ran less, which I expect will probably continue. If this deal means TWO years of Blackmon then I would probably do it. Then again I should mention I am one of the highest on Justin Turner. I really like what he did with his swing.
              Thanks again! Yeah I have owned Abreu since his debut. I'm over him. Looks like regressing power and his team might suck this year. The other owner in this scenario tries to get Abreu every year bc he is a Sox fan. Only he never wants to give appropriate value. It's annoying dealing with owners like him. He actually offered this with me including Ken Giles as well. That ain't happening. I see it as close to even. Giles is $5b. So that swings it too much in his favor.

He just emailed an offer for Giles and Yuli Gurriel for Justin Turner. Yuli is still on M contract so he has value as a free bench player who still may have upside as he hasn't had a full season in the U.S. yet.

I countered with 2 choices for him. I want to get Blackmon and Turner.

Abreu, Springer, Yuli for Blackmon, Turner & Anderson Espinoza

or Abreu, Springer, & Giles for Blackmon, Turner, & Espinoza

He will likely try to squeeze something else out of these too. He is unjustifiably upset about a trade we made the end of 2015 that he percieves as him getting Screwed. Not that anyone cares but it was Keshaw at $39b and Kipnis $26z for Quintana $4a, Mesoroca $4a (this was his 25HR season), Soler M, Tim Anderson M, Carlos Rodon M.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks again

Comment

He is unjustifiably upset about a trade we made the end of 2015 that he percieves as him getting Screwed. Not that anyone cares but it was Keshaw at $39b and Kipnis $26z for Quintana $4a, Mesoroca $4a (this was his 25HR season), Soler M, Tim Anderson M, Carlos Rodon M.

Any time someone brings up a prior trade in a trade discussion you have to shut that down. Whether his frustration is justified or not. It can have no bearing at all on a new trade or you have potential collusion.

Comment

He is unjustifiably upset about a trade we made the end of 2015 that he percieves as him getting Screwed. Not that anyone cares but it was Keshaw at $39b and Kipnis $26z for Quintana $4a, Mesoroca $4a (this was his 25HR season), Soler M, Tim Anderson M, Carlos Rodon M.
                  Did you hold a gun to his head? I have lots of trades in my closet which I wish I didn't do but it doesn't mean the other guy is suppose to sweeten future deals because of it.

Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't...

Comment

Thanks again! Yeah I have owned Abreu since his debut. I'm over him. Looks like regressing power and his team might suck this year. The other owner in this scenario tries to get Abreu every year bc he is a Sox fan. Only he never wants to give appropriate value. It's annoying dealing with owners like him. He actually offered this with me including Ken Giles as well. That ain't happening. I see it as close to even. Giles is $5b. So that swings it too much in his favor.

He just emailed an offer for Giles and Yuli Gurriel for Justin Turner. Yuli is still on M contract so he has value as a free bench player who still may have upside as he hasn't had a full season in the U.S. yet.

I countered with 2 choices for him. I want to get Blackmon and Turner.

Abreu, Springer, Yuli for Blackmon, Turner & Anderson Espinoza

or Abreu, Springer, & Giles for Blackmon, Turner, & Espinoza

He will likely try to squeeze something else out of these too. He is unjustifiably upset about a trade we made the end of 2015 that he percieves as him getting Screwed. Not that anyone cares but it was Keshaw at $39b and Kipnis $26z for Quintana $4a, Mesoroca $4a (this was his 25HR season), Soler M, Tim Anderson M, Carlos Rodon M.

I do NOT like having to add in the Giles for Espinoza part for you. I'd be surprised if he didn't take that. Especially if he loves Abreu.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      Did you hold a gun to his head? I have lots of trades in my closet which I wish I didn't do but it doesn't mean the other guy is suppose to sweeten future deals because of it.

Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't...
                      Totally agree. I have a ton as well. I pointed them out to him. He hasn't asked to sweeten ny future deal bc of it. Only he mentioned how bad that deal was for him in his eyes. I've noticed he is much more difficult to deal with since then. He constantly offers unrealistic trades and always tries to get more o
                      when a real legitimate deal is on the table.

Comment

I do NOT like having to add in the Giles for Espinoza part for you. I'd be surprised if he didn't take that. Especially if he loves Abreu.
                        Yeah it's not the greatest. Only thing is I don't need to keep Giles. Really dont have room for him anyway. I feel like Blackmon and Turner are better for my team so not so upset to give Giles as well but will want something else in a flier on Espinoza. I hope he takes that offer rather than the one with Yuli bc Yuli gives me a free bench player as he will be M all year but playing from day 1. If he ends being decent his trade value improves or I keep him and it costs me nothing.

He says he loves Abreu but his offers don't show it.

Comment

We settled on Abreu and Springer for Blackmon and Turner. Thanks for everyones help

Comment

Working...
                          X