Last keeper--NL-only, 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last keeper--NL-only, 4x4

As it now stands, my last keeper choice will come down to 1 of these 2 guys:

Joe Ross--$12.C-[last year]
    Zach Davies--$11B

As a 4x4, SO's are not a consideration, but I have hopes for both of these pitchers. My thought is to keep Davies and throw Ross back for a new contract, but SP's go way too high in this league. My other SP's are: Thor, Velasquez, and J Guerra. I have Syndergaard at $15., last year. I'd like to lock him up, but a big arm guy like that has a really good chance of seeing Dr. Andrews in the future. I'm thinking 1 year @$5.=$20.?
    All input welcomed!
    Bearin' up!

Originally posted by scottw View Post
    As it now stands, my last keeper choice will come down to 1 of these 2 guys:

Joe Ross--$12.C-[last year]
    Zach Davies--$11B

As a 4x4, SO's are not a consideration, but I have hopes for both of these pitchers. My thought is to keep Davies and throw Ross back for a new contract, but SP's go way too high in this league. My other SP's are: Thor, Velasquez, and J Guerra. I have Syndergaard at $15., last year. I'd like to lock him up, but a big arm guy like that has a really good chance of seeing Dr. Andrews in the future. I'm thinking 1 year @$5.=$20.?
    All input welcomed!
    I'd probably go with Davies, Ross is still a bit of an injury risk IMO. And I'd extend Thor out to 20, he's worth the risk...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd keep Ross, though it's very close. Agree with Hornsby on the one-year extension for Thor
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

fwiw, HQ in the 4-x4 NL format rates Ross at $9 and Davies at $5. of course, that's uninflated prices.

I'd go to $20 on Thor, too. we always have to take some chances. no chance I'd go to $25, though.

fyi, scottw has been at RJ since Bill Clinton was President, correct?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          fwiw, HQ in the 4-x4 NL format rates Ross at $9 and Davies at $5. of course, that's uninflated prices.

I'd go to $20 on Thor, too. we always have to take some chances. no chance I'd go to $25, though.

fyi, scottw has been at RJ since Bill Clinton was President, correct?
          Yes, somewhere along the way I lost posts, join date, etc. I started pretty near the beginning.
          Here is another thought: I have Pence at $24.C and Zobrist at $25B. I doubt they will go for less at auction, but I will go into the day having spent $184. with those 2 included. I am used to not having much spending money, but does it seem worth dumping those 2 and picking up another $49.? Possibly bringing back Ross at their expense? Decisions!!
          Bearin' up!

Comment

As long as Ross is in the rotation, I prefer him to Davies.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
            X