No announcement yet.

2017 AL LABR Auction results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do folks think of Carlos Gomez going for 18? He was so awful most of last year, but did look good in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      What do folks think of Carlos Gomez going for 18? He was so awful most of last year, but did look good in Texas.
      I can see him doing well in Texas. I think it's a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
        I can see him doing well in Texas. I think it's a fair price.
        Agree. He seemed to find himself in Texas. If he hits near the top of the order I can see him putting up 20-20.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
          The LABR AL auction is quietly one of my favorite sports related days of the year. It marks the beginning of my serious draft prep.
          Auction calculators are nice, but there is no substitute for seeing actual prices paid in a knowledgeable auction. Love it.
          Totally agree.

Anyone know when the bench spots will be filled in? Do they happen following the draft (ie days) or immediately after auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Here is the sequential order of bids from last night: https://t.co/YsrjYYcIVB
            Well that's one of the most useful things I've seen posted lately. Normally I have to copy out of rtsports and then translate the columns down to rows and combine two rows to get first and last names. This saved me significant draft prep time, thanks Jason.

Comment

My quick 2c:

Deals - Matt Shoemaker $11, Drew Smyly $8, Michael Pineda $11, Melky Cabrera $10, David Price $14 (if healthy)
              Overpays - Danny Espinosa $10, Nick Castellanos $18, Trevor Plouffe $13, Devon Travis $17, Blake Swihart $3 (as an OFer)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                My quick 2c:

Deals - Matt Shoemaker $11, Drew Smyly $8, Michael Pineda $11, Melky Cabrera $10, David Price $14 (if healthy)
                Overpays - Danny Espinosa $10, Nick Castellanos $18, Trevor Plouffe $13, Devon Travis $17, Blake Swihart $3 (as an OFer)
                Yeah, I agree with all of those. I was especially surprised that Pineda didn't go for more. Him going for the same price as Cotton blows my mind.

Comment

I agree that Colton is probably an overpay but cannot agree that Pineda was a bargain. He should be more of a fantasy asset but he hasn't been.

Comment

I agree that Colton is probably an overpay but cannot agree that Pineda was a bargain. He should be more of a fantasy asset but he hasn't been.
                    He's gotta get that HR rate down but he deserved to get more than 6 wins last year and the 207 K's was top 6 in the AL. The 5 ahead of him in Ks went for 30, 29, 25, 24, and 14 (Price and his injury issue). 11 seems like a bargain to me. I'll take him on my team at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                      Totally agree.

Anyone know when the bench spots will be filled in? Do they happen following the draft (ie days) or immediately after auction?
                      They do it right there in the draft room, but I'm guessing the draft room wasn't configured properly so they weren't able to do it online

Comment

I'm with you. Pineda has underperformed his peripherals for so long due to the inflated HR rate that I'd have no interest at 11.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Matt Strahm for $6? What am I missing here? Is he a candidate to start, or a possibility to close (if Herrera and maybe Soria go down)?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            Matt Strahm for $6? What am I missing here? Is he a candidate to start, or a possibility to close (if Herrera and maybe Soria go down)?
                            Sleeper helium. He could be in the pen or he could start, but his K rate was great last year and he started 18 games in the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Sleeper helium. He could be in the pen or he could start, but his K rate was great last year and he started 18 games in the minors.
                              Are we even sure that he'll make the big club? I've got him at 3 bucks and M. Cabrera at a buck in a keeper league. Now, I'm a believer that Cabrera is going to get at least a handful of saves, if not take over the closer role, but I'm just not sure what role Strahm is going to play? Any opinions?
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I'm with you. Pineda has underperformed his peripherals for so long due to the inflated HR rate that I'd have no interest at 11.
                                Ditto. He's Ricky Nolasco part 2.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X