2017 AL LABR Auction results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 AL LABR Auction results

RealTime Fantasy Sports - Fantasy Football, Baseball, Basketball, Best Ball, plus Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS).

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Interesting to see Altuve go for $45 with Trout only $42, and Betts $39.

Comment

I remember being stunned in AL Tout when Altuve went $43 last year. I had budgeted $38 for him and went to $40 but then bowed out

Comment

Fulmer at $12 is the best SP buy so far. Compare him to a $17 Gausman??

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Fulmer at $12 is the best SP buy so far. Compare him to a $17 Gausman??
          I think Zimmerman at 5 is a very good risk.

Comment

2 names jumped out at me:

- $11 Jharel Cotton?? Someone must have accidentally hit the '1' key twice.

- $20 Tim Anderson?? WAY too much risk for that price.

Comment

Funny that the "good" Fulmer buy and "bad" Cotton buy went to the same team.

Papelbon!?

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

heh, I had already guessed that Eno at FG had bought Cotton. He loves that guy.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Gausman did have a better xFIP and one more K/9 than Fulmer last season, so that's not nothing.

Moncada for $14 is nuts, and I was about to say that I liked that team anyway but they have a decent shot at getting 500 total innings and zero saves from their pitching staff.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

I don't know if it's the case here but often prices like this reflect money management issues, not player value (ie a couple of teams had too much money left at the end of the auction)
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Eno has been singing Cotton's praises for a long time and believes in him quite a bit.

I like Anderson a lot, but I would have been out if someone beat me to $15. He can have a nice compiling season, but he could also end up back here in Charlotte is he is awful out of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        Gausman did have a better xFIP and one more K/9 than Fulmer last season, so that's not nothing.

Moncada for $14 is nuts, and I was about to say that I liked that team anyway but they have a decent shot at getting 500 total innings and zero saves from their pitching staff.
                        Gausman's DRA last year: 3.56
                        Fulmer's DRA last year: 3.51

Season IP TBF HR AVG OBP SLG
                        2013 24 99 3 0.2796 0.326531 0.445652
                        2014 46.1 189 3 0.2626 0.301587 0.36
                        2015 52 224 12 0.2749 0.316964 0.526316
                        2016 93.2 414 17 0.2842 0.345499 0.466667
                        Let's not forget Gausman still has terrible problems against righties and has not yet come up with a new pitch to couteract that problem. The AL East is loaded with good righty hitters.

Comment

Here is the sequential order of bids from last night: https://t.co/YsrjYYcIVB

Comment

Thanks for posting all of the info, J!

Comment

The LABR AL auction is quietly one of my favorite sports related days of the year. It marks the beginning of my serious draft prep.
                              Auction calculators are nice, but there is no substitute for seeing actual prices paid in a knowledgeable auction. Love it.
                              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Working...
                              X