2K17 Andrew Susac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17 Andrew Susac

After years of obscurity backing up Buster Posey, he now has the starting gig for the Brewers. He has showed some promise at AAA but is he worth a speculative $1 bid?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    After years of obscurity backing up Buster Posey, he now has the starting gig for the Brewers. He has showed some promise at AAA but is he worth a speculative $1 bid?
    I would think that he is worth a speculative $1 bid. As far as $1 catchers go, I think he would be one of the better bets. What other starting catchers are going for $1? I'm planning on keeping him for $1 because, why not?

Comment

Didn't they also trade for the cooly-monickered Jett Bandy?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Yeah, they did. But even if Bandy gets a lot of playing time, seems like you could do worse than Susac for a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Yup. And he's favored for the #1 catcher.

Not that I think Susac is a bad dollar day buy, but I'd doubt he will get you #1 C opportunities.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Not that I think Susac is a bad dollar day buy, but I'd doubt he will get you #1 C opportunities.
            I agree with this. Susac is not a bad dollar day buy, but also not much different than any other dollar day catcher. Given that they are all similar, I would definitely throw him back in almost all scenarios and just wait until dollar days in an auction and buy myself another.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              DynastyGuru lists Andrew Susac as their 284th best player out of 500 MLB players. Could this be right? What are they expecting?

Comment

Only way he delivers that value is if he wins the job outright, with Bandy as a true backup and Pina sent to the minors. As a Brewer fan, I don't see anything in the cards yet that lines up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by rotogod View Post
                  DynastyGuru lists Andrew Susac as their 284th best player out of 500 MLB players. Could this be right? What are they expecting?
                  In Milwaukee? 450 ABs, .240 and 20 HRs, with the potential for 25 HRs down the road? Is that crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    In Milwaukee? 450 ABs, .240 and 20 HRs, with the potential for 25 HRs down the road? Is that crazy?
                    The down the road part isn't, but 450/20 this year...I just don't see it. Even if Susac wins the starting gig, he will almost certainly sit when Nelson pitches, and probably some when Peralta pitches.

Comment

Working...
                    X