Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AL-only keeper freeze question (roster with Trout, Machado, and Correra)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-only keeper freeze question (roster with Trout, Machado, and Correra)

I can keep up to four of these players in our local AL-only league (23-man rosters; 5x5, $260 auction budget).

Who would you keep (if any)

2b Jorge Polanco Min (B $9)
    MI Elvis Andrus Tex (B $19)
    OF Eddie Rosario Min (B $5)
    C Sal Perez KC (B $21)

P Dylan Bundy Bal (B $8)
    P Jharel Cotton Oak (B $5)

I'm leaning towards keeping Andrus, Rosario, and thinking about J. Polanco and Cotton.

If you're interested in the rest of the roster:

1B - C. Santana Cle (B $7)
    3B - M. Machado Bal (LY $25)
    SS - C. Correa Hou (1/3LT $15)
    OF - M. Trout LAA (LY $30)
    OF - N. Mazara Tex (B $5)
    DH - V. Martinez Det (B $1)

P - S. Dyson Tex (B $10)
    P - C. Allen Cle (B $5)
    P - C. Hamels Tex (OY $15)
    P - D. Salazar Cle (OY $10)
    P - S. Manaea Oak (B $5)

Farm...
    OF - C. Frazier NYY (FARM $5)
    OF - B. Zimmer Cle (FARM $5)
    OF - B. Rutherford NYY (FARM $5)
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

I'm not sure I like any of those at those prices, unless there's a crap-ton of inflation. Maybe Cotton? What would he go for in auction? Others seem about at or slightly above un-inflated value.

Comment

With the value you have on your roster already, I like the certainty of Andrus, even at $19. I'd keep Cotton, too. The only one I don't keep for sure is Sal Perez. $21 on a catcher given injury risk at that position is not money well-spent given your roster, which very much looks like a team with potential to win. The others I'm pretty indifferent on, wouldn't argue much against keeping or not keeping.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

There's middling inflation in the league.

I agree with not keeping Sal Perez. I could throw him back and probably get him in the low to mid-teens.

I'm going to extend Correa's contract .... thinking about extending it two more years past this year (his salary would be $15 for this year and the next two).

I have the option to extend contracts for Salazar and Hamels, but I typically don't extend pitcher's contracts.
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Missed the extensions, but I agree with your plan. That's a really, really nice looking team.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X