No announcement yet.

2K19: Jung Ho Kang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hasn't gotten his work visa. I'm starting to wonder if there's a chance he doesn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Still hasn't gotten his work visa. I'm starting to wonder if there's a chance he doesn't get it.
      There's a chance, but I feel like if that was the case, we would have heard that his visa request was just denied. Something tells me refusing his visa request would not be something they'd keep in limbo. They would just say F off and deny the request, I'd think.

Nothing to do with being a Kang owner. Nothing at all.

Comment

I took a $1 flyer on him at the end of a recent draft and there was plenty of money left on the table when I nominated him. I was surprised no one even wanted to price enforce a little, but for $1, I felt like it was an easy risk to take.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamincarm View Post
          I took a $1 flyer on him at the end of a recent draft and there was plenty of money left on the table when I nominated him. I was surprised no one even wanted to price enforce a little, but for $1, I felt like it was an easy risk to take.
          You bet. Great buy at a buck.

Comment

Looks like Kang might be toast for an extended period

According to Sung Min Kim, reports out of Korea are stating that Jung Ho Kang has been denied a work visa to enter the United States.
            The report also states that there is suspicion Kang was convicted of drunk driving in a third country other than Korea and the United States. Kang was given an eight-month suspended sentence earlier this month as a result of his third DUI arrest in Korea. Kim says that with this latest news, Kang's chances of playing for the Pirates this season "got cloudy."
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

According to Sung Min Kim, reports out of Korea are stating that Jung Ho Kang has been denied a work visa to enter the United States.
              The report also states that there is suspicion Kang was convicted of drunk driving in a third country other than Korea and the United States. Kang was given an eight-month suspended sentence earlier this month as a result of his third DUI arrest in Korea. Kim says that with this latest news, Kang's chances of playing for the Pirates this season "got cloudy."
              Wow...David Freese gets a big boost with this news.

Comment

In hindsight, I probably should not have extended him.

Does anyone know if there's an appeal process? Is this just the final word and it's done? Immigration lawyers assemble!

Comment

I think even if Kang does make it back to the U.S. the Pirates will make him do a 30 day stint in alcohol rehab. So that's another delay. And if he gets a fourth DUI conviction he could face jail time in Korea. What a mess!

I've had enough of Kang already and dropped him. He was taking up 1 of my 4 bench spots with probably no chance of being placed on the DL. Plus Yangervis Solarte was just dropped and cleared waivers which made my decision to replace Kang an easy one. And i told the guys in my league that i was going to be more patient with my players this year lol.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

What kind of a bump does this give Alen Hanson &/or Adam Frazier? David Freese is not part of the long-term or even mid-term in PIT so have to wonder if they give extra run to the kids and slide Harrison over to 3B.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                      What kind of a bump does this give Alen Hanson &/or Adam Frazier? David Freese is not part of the long-term or even mid-term in PIT so have to wonder if they give extra run to the kids and slide Harrison over to 3B.
                      I was under the impression that Frazier has moved ahead of Hanson as far as the playing time equation...unless this has changed during ST. That said, I have also concluded that Frazier cannot contribute much to a fantasy team beyond batting average.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        I was under the impression that Frazier has moved ahead of Hanson as far as the playing time equation...unless this has changed during ST. That said, I have also concluded that Frazier cannot contribute much to a fantasy team beyond batting average.
                        Yeah, Frazier is a better utility guy than Hanson, although I think Hanson probably has more to offer a fantasy team. PIT is looking kinda threadbare.

Comment

I was actually thinking about the possibility this might happen yesterday. However I thought it might be because the new administration is making visas more difficult to obtain and three convictions was bound to raise enough flags to lead to a denial.

Our auction is tonight so the thought of grabbing Kang late had crossed my mind after reading this thread.

Not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                            Not anymore.
                            I was thinking the same thing. He'll be someone else's problem in 2017.

Maybe I'll throw him out for $1 with my first toss and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                              I was thinking the same thing. He'll be someone else's problem in 2017.

Maybe I'll throw him out for $1 with my first toss and see what happens.
                              Crickets, but I was thinking the same thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                                Crickets, but I was thinking the same thing lol
                                yeah dont do that because it will be cricket city.

Comment

Working...
                                X