2K17: Freddie Galvis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Freddie Galvis

If I told you Freddy Galvis had 20 HRs, 17 SBs and 67 RBIs last season, would you believe me? I had to double check, and triple check, the stats to see if my eyesight was failing me.

Granted, he only hit .241/.274/.399 with a 79 OPS+, but I was still stunned to see the HR and SB figures.

STEAMER puts Galvis with just 306 PAs in 2017. The Fans don't even bother to project him. So obviously it seems the general consensus is J.P. Crawford will be replacing him sooner rather than later. But what if he doesn't? Is Galvis a sneaky $1 or late round player you can stick at MI and be happy with?

He fell just short of one of the emptiest 20/20 seasons on record. The SBs seem repeatable if given the opportunities to run. He was 10 for 11 in 2015. His chances will be hurt if he gets buried in the #8 hole. He batted in the top half of the order in about one third of his starts in 2016. His HR numbers were aided by a 8.7% HR/FB ratio which was well over his previous numbers.

Crawford will cut into his time eventually but we said the same thing last year. At the price Galvis is going for, any numbers you can bank before he's is replaced is pure profit, albeit a very small one.

Comment

I can tell you that the organization really loves the guy. Whether he plays SS or as a super-utility player, he will get his AB's. The organization has told him to make better contact and stop swinging for the fences so much, so expect the BA to come up. If his OBA comes up with it, then expect the SB's to hold steady at the years level or maybe rise a bit, too.
      Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
        I can tell you that the organization really loves the guy. Whether he plays SS or as a super-utility player, he will get his AB's. The organization has told him to make better contact and stop swinging for the fences so much, so expect the BA to come up. If his OBA comes up with it, then expect the SB's to hold steady at the years level or maybe rise a bit, too.
        That's good stuff there, scottw.

Comment

Working...
        X