Shoemaker-Odorizzi-DeSclafani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoemaker-Odorizzi-DeSclafani

Mixed league, 14 teams, conventional 5x5. These three look to be the best options for my next SP. Who do you like and why?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

I like Shoemaker. I realize it is a risk to go for a guy who got clocked so hard in the skull that he had to have brain surgery. That is scary as hell, and even if he is 100% physically recovered, there is always the concern that it affects his mental game.

That said, everything I've read about him suggest he can't wait to get back out there and prove his midseason success was no fluke, and it didn't look like a fluke to me. If he didn't experience that brutal injury, this was be a slam dunk choice imo. As it is, I can see why someone might take one of the other two.

Comment

Desclafani already has a barking elbow, so steer clear of him. I like Shoemaker, really found his groove last year, and may have the best defense in the AL behind him After that, Odorizzi, I just think that he's peaked and will stay the same...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I like Shoemaker. I realize it is a risk to go for a guy who got clocked so hard in the skull that he had to have brain surgery. That is scary as hell, and even if he is 100% physically recovered, there is always the concern that it affects his mental game.

That said, everything I've read about him suggest he can't wait to get back out there and prove his midseason success was no fluke, and it didn't look like a fluke to me. If he didn't experience that brutal injury, this was be a slam dunk choice imo. As it is, I can see why someone might take one of the other two.
        I agree with this assessment, give me Shoemaker.

Comment

Yeah, Shoe, Odor, Disco for me as well.

Comment

Working...
          X