Votto vs Freeman vs Encarnacion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votto vs Freeman vs Encarnacion

As with my RF thread, my situation is that I have money to burn, a deep keeper list, and only a few roster needs heading into the auction. One need is Corner, and by far the best available guys are Votto, Freeman, and Encarnacion. They were all taken right around the same time in the RJ Mock draft. I'm wondering, given their perceived value/costs, which everyone prefers? Who should be my primary target of these three and why?

To me, EE has a chance to be a bust with the team change. Votto seems to be on the decline. Freeman made me a believer last year I would choose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      To me, EE has a chance to be a bust with the team change. Votto seems to be on the decline. Freeman made me a believer last year I would choose him.
      Yeah, he is my first choice too, as I had him last year and he really endeared himself to my fantasy fan base

I just want to make sure I'm not over-hyping him, and I should note this is a points league, so Votto's walks are counted.

Comment

It depends on what you need. For more power, EE is the obvious choice. For more rounded performance, Votto and Freeman both work and probably will end up at about the same place. Freeman probably has the most upside as he is the youngest and the Braves lineup is probably better than it was last year, while Cincy could get ugly.

Comment

Points league, for this year only, I'd go with Votto. His walks give him a pretty strong floor in a points league; though I agree with Pauly there's signs of decline. If this is any kind of keeper league, Freeman is your man.

All that said, I don't think you go terribly wrong with any of the three.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Points league, for this year only, I'd go with Votto. His walks give him a pretty strong floor in a points league; though I agree with Pauly there's signs of decline. If this is any kind of keeper league, Freeman is your man.

All that said, I don't think you go terribly wrong with any of the three.
            Given his comment, it is a keeper league, but he is looking to spend more than keeper prices here. I have no idea regarding points, etc. OBP versus AVG could affect the decision, too.

Comment

I'd go Freeman, Votto, EE but like others have said very close. If it's OBP then Votto would be top choice.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think I am on board with ranking them Freeman, Votto, EE. Unlike with Cruz vs Bautista vs Trumbo, where I fear my league will push Cruz's price way past the other two, I'm cautiously hopeful that Freeman's price will stay in line with these two. Then again, I'm reading a lot of hype articles on Freeman, so he might also shoot past the other two on price.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I think I am on board with ranking them Freeman, Votto, EE. Unlike with Cruz vs Bautista vs Trumbo, where I fear my league will push Cruz's price way past the other two, I'm cautiously hopeful that Freeman's price will stay in line with these two. Then again, I'm reading a lot of hype articles on Freeman, so he might also shoot past the other two on price.
                  In that case, I would much rather have Votto and Cruz vs. Freeman and Bautista.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'll take Votto. He's going to have Hamilton & Peraza batting ahead of him, so with their SB potential that could mean an uptick in RBIs.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I'd go Freeman, Votto, EE but like others have said very close. If it's OBP then Votto would be top choice.
                      Agree. If I'm spending extra coin on any of the six you've listed, it's on Cruz. If that mans I'd get the least of the 1Bs, that'd be fine.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X