2K17: Joe Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Joe Ross

I was totally in love with this guy heading into drafts last season and pretty much took it in the shorts. The talent is there and the team is behind him, is there any reason to hesitate to go fishing again in 2017? Has anyone read if he has added a third pitch yet?

As long as he's healthy, I'm buying for '17.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      I was totally in love with this guy heading into drafts last season and pretty much took it in the shorts. The talent is there and the team is behind him, is there any reason to hesitate to go fishing again in 2017? Has anyone read if he has added a third pitch yet?
      Me too. I went $16 on him and was glad to have him. Ended up trading him in season. I do not know if the present owner will keep him or toss him back.

Comment

RotoWire News: Ross plans on focusing on the development of his changeup this spring, The Washington Post reports. "That's probably the biggest thing I'm going to work on throughout the spring," Ross said Tuesday. "I'm going to try to get with Max [Scherzer] and [Stephen Strasburg], I think, because obviously their changeups are pretty phenomenal. But just trying to stick with them and pick up a few things every day. And honestly, just keep throwing it. I can talk about it as much as I want, but until I actually throw it and start getting on the mound with it, nothing much is going to change." (2/16/2017)
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Interesting perspective here from FanGraphs largely dealing Ross, and his ability to get through the order 3 times.

I love it when research underlines conventional wisdom. Like when Mitchel Lichtman found that, the more pitches a pitcher had in his arsenal, the better his chances the third time through the order.

If his change up continues to develop, I like his chance to become a special pitcher.
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Oh boy. I have three pitching keepers and two of them are Ross and Bundy. I hope the change and cutter, respectively, work out well!!!

Comment

An interesting take on Ross here:
              The Nationals have had what seems to be a perpetual issue at closer. They have churned through Drew Storen, Tyler Clippard, Rafael Soriano, Jonathan Papelbon, and now Mark Melancon.

Comment

Working...
              X