2K17: Tom Murphy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Tom Murphy

The Rockies catching prospect has shown his power in 2 cups of coffee.

His catching skills are average at best which appears to be the only thing holding him back from 400 ABs.

Is his bat good enough to pick up any DH ABs?

He is just turning 26 in April and I am thinking about investing in him in my 20 team dynasty league.

What are your guys thoughts on his potential and expectations for this year and beyond?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

He appears to be a pure product of Coors field, if small, yet vastly different, sample sizes are to be believed:

Home: .432/.479/1.023 with 8 HRs in 44 ABs
    Away: .057/.175/.086 in 35 ABs

Comment

The scouting reports I've read refer to him having plus power to all fields.
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

The Rox have 4 "regular" outfielders. Until they trade one, I think that's where the majority of DH AB's will go.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I really like him for 2018. I think 2017 will be a transitionary year. I'm guessing he'll be nearly useless in the first half, but gain value as the year moves on. In Coors, that bat will play and be a real asset to a fantasy team. Hell, last year even Daniel Freaking Descalso was valuable in Colorado. I like Murphy to be valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            The Rox have 4 "regular" outfielders. Until they trade one, I think that's where the majority of DH AB's will go.
            I don't think there are enough DH AB's for NL teams for it to matter much. Not sure how we got here, lol.

Comment

I think the Rockies really like Tony Wolters and his framing. Plus he's a lefty. Seems like there's a pretty natural platoon here with Murphy getting the short end, though I'd guess they probably split the ABs closer to 50/50.

Comment

"He's not a real player" claimed a wasted Eno Sarris at the AFL.....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Out 4-to-6 weeks with a broken forearm.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Out 4-to-6 weeks with a broken forearm.
                    Rockies catcher Tom Murphy has a hairline fracture in his right forearm. He will miss 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X