2K17: Robert Gsellman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Robert Gsellman

FanGraphs had a great article on Gsellman today, about how his sinker is one of the best in MLB:

This morning, Eric Longenhagen released his list of the Top 20 Mets prospects, giving kudos to an underrated system led Amed Rosario, who Eric noted could be the #1 prospect in the game when next year’…

With the Mets wanting to protect Zach Wheeler, don't be surprised if Gsellman takes the #5 SP job and runs with it.

There's so much helium he's talking funny. His early ADP was about 407. I took him at 354 in Mock 1. Someone just took him at 298 in my NFBC draft.

I really like him for this year. I don't trust Wheeler at all, and the Mets have lots of injury risks in that rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      There's so much helium he's talking funny. His early ADP was about 407. I took him at 354 in Mock 1. Someone just took him at 298 in my NFBC draft.

I really like him for this year. I don't trust Wheeler at all, and the Mets have lots of injury risks in that rotation.
      Yep, but by the time the auction comes he will be a $14 or $15 dollar player. I will be out.

Comment

I own Wheeler long term. Gsellman is the target for my next pick, which is about #300. One of them ought to fill a starting slot.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Lugo was also good as a starter last year and could certainly be given the 5th spot over Wheeler and Gsellman, but I think Gsellman is definitely the better bet going forward as the #6 if Wheeler, or anyone else in the rotation, can't pitch.

Comment

Matt Ehalt of The Record reports that "indications are" that Robert Gsellman will break camp as the Mets' fifth starter.
            It's not a surprise after Zack Wheeler dealt with some more elbow soreness this spring. Ehalt says that Wheeler is expected to begin the season in extended spring training following essentially two lost years because of arm issues. Seth Lugo could still potentially change minds and win a rotation spot with a big spring, but it looks like Gsellman is in the driver's seat. The righty posted a 2.42 ERA and 42/15 K/BB ratio over 44 2/3 innings as a rookie in 2016 and holds ample sleeper appeal for 2017.
            Source: Matt Ehalt on TwitterMar 3 - 10:27 AM

Comment

So, when I bring him up, how do I pronounce his name?
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                I believe it is GUH-sellman.

Comment

I believe it is Ga-ZELLE-min.

Comment

The way you guys on the east coast talk, does sellman or zellmin really matter

Comment

Giselle-man?

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Giselle-man?

See, now you'll never forget how to say it!

Comment

We could just hope that Lugo or Wheeler get the job. Those are way easier to pronounce.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            We could just hope that Lugo or Wheeler get the job. Those are way easier to pronounce.
                            Back during the first couple of years in my first league, in high school, we used to have to write out our line ups by hand to give to our commish during school. I had a big bias against all players whose names I could not easily spell those first two years.

Comment

Working...
                            X