12 Team Mixed Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Team Mixed Keeper Help

Standard 5x5, 15 hitters (2 Util) and 10 pitchers. Can keep 10. No extensions. Guys can be kept 3 years so players will either be going into 2nd or 3rd year.

Which of these 10. Really can't pare down the list too much as a lot of these guys are middling keepers in this format. Here goes:

W Castillo, $5
    G Sanchez, $5
    Belt, $16
    Kinsler, $20
    K Seagar, $25
    J Peraza, $4
    Napoli, $15
    Zobrist, $16
    Gardner, $10
    A Jones, $32
    Beltre, $22
    Granderson, $1
    DEsmond, $12
    Soler, $1
    W Ramos, $6

Porcello, $8
    Matt Moore, $4
    Happ, $6
    Gausman, $1
    Bumgartner, $45
    Betances, $5
    A Bailey, $2
    E Diaz, $2
    Nola, $1
    Sale, $39
    Stroman, $1
    Wisler, $1

I'm all over the map with this group. Sanchez, Diaz and Desmond are in I assume. I guess Peraza and Stroman are in too. All agree? The rest is a crapshoot so thoughts appreciated.

In a mixed league I think you want either elite talent, or cheap filler that allows you to buy elite talent at auction.

So yes to Sanchez, Diaz, Desmond. I think Peraza could really hurt your counting stats but I guess you need the speed, so sure.

After that, I agree it's all over the map. What do you think will be the toughest thing to buy at auction?

I think I lean Nola, Beltre, Betances, Stroman, and probably Porcello. You might be able to spend $220 on offense and cobble together enough pitching points to compete.

Comment

I would go heavy on the pitching since you have so many at cheap prices although no true aces. You should have plenty of money left to draft an ace to fill out your rotation.

G Sanchez, $5
      J Peraza, $4
      Desmond $12

Porcello, $8
      Matt Moore, $4
      Happ, $6
      Gausman, $1
      E Diaz, $2
      Nola, $1
      Stroman, $1
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW, this is a daily league with no limits on innings. So you need a stable of starters to keep swapping in. With only 12 teams, most guys use their reserve picks on pitching since your 15 hitters will be decent enough to roll with every day providing no injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I would go heavy on the pitching since you have so many at cheap prices although no true aces. You should have plenty of money left to draft an ace to fill out your rotation.

G Sanchez, $5
          J Peraza, $4
          Desmond $12

Porcello, $8
          Matt Moore, $4
          Happ, $6
          Gausman, $1
          E Diaz, $2
          Nola, $1
          Stroman, $1
          3 hitters, 7 pitchers is probably a decent strategy with the daily change format. Betances I guess has more value because with all the swapping in of pitchers, era and whip are higher than most leagues and Betances helps there. Been in this league for a few years and although I have cashed a decent amount of times, I have never won. Haven't quite figured out how to take advantage of the daily moves.

Comment

I think I would go

G Sanchez, $5
            Belt, $16
            Kinsler, $20
            J Peraza, $4
            DEsmond, $12
            Soler, $1

Porcello, $8
            E Diaz, $2
            Nola, $1
            Stroman, $1
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

G Sanchez, $5
              J Peraza, $4
              Desmond $12

Porcello, $8
              Matt Moore, $4
              Happ, $6
              Gausman, $1
              E Diaz, $2
              Nola, $1
              Stroman, $1
              I would go with this with the exception I would add Soler for a buck. Too much upside for that buck. Looking at your pitching I drop Moore to make room for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I would go with this with the exception I would add Soler for a buck. Too much upside for that buck. Looking at your pitching I drop Moore to make room for him.
                Seconding Gregg's thoughts, I'd keep Soler $1 in the 10th spot. Happ/Moore/Porcello are all so close, I'd boot whichever you like the least.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

What does inflation look like in the league? If there's any substantial inflation it pushes your high end potential keepers towards the front of the list and makes the cheaper guys less attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    What does inflation look like in the league? If there's any substantial inflation it pushes your high end potential keepers towards the front of the list and makes the cheaper guys less attractive.
                    Inflation is huge but only on the true top end guys. Trout has gone for over $60, Goldy for $50, Kershaw the same. But a guy like Beltre goes for $22 every year it seems.

Comment

Working...
                    X