Rank these three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these three

I have a trade offer for my $34 Brian dozier where I can get two of these three players.....

Mike zunino $8
    Tim Anderson $2
    Ryan Healy $9

All contracts are good thru 2018 and have option to extend for $5 per year added to contract.

We use ob% instead of batting avg.

So which two do you like and why?
    Thanks for any help.

I like Anderson for the speed/power combo at SS. And Healy could be a 30 HR guy, although there's a dark horse sitting there in Cahna. Lastly, I like Zunino, although in an OBP league, he's much more desirable...if it's a 2 catcher league, bump him up to #2.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I still couldn't pull the trigger on Zunino for $8 even in an AL only, 2 catcher, OBP league. At least not as a keeper. Maybe I'd pay it at auction.

Anderson is clearly #1 even with the crappy OBP. Healy showed a better bat than just about anyone the A's have, so they'll find him a place to play. Yonder Alonso? Puh-lease.

Comment

Using joncarlos' grading system:

Anderson
        Healy
        ~
        ~
        ~
        Zunino
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with Anderson/Healy... and it's not close. I don't know the league format but I don't think it matters in this case. I like the trade a lot better in a only league than a mixed league tho.

Comment

I'm assuming it's an AL league. Frankly I don't even want the 2nd guy. Healy's batting eye is sad and he may not match last years HR total with 100 extra AB in Oakland. The league will have figured him out in the off season and his 4% walk rate will just leave him swinging at trash. Zunino could actually put up $8 worth of stats. I don't think Healy can put up $9. I'm going against the grain and choosing Zunino. If Healy was in a better park I may go the other way, but as mentioned I'd just take a $2 Anderson and consider it a win or just keep Dozier and not make the trade.

Comment

I would go with Anderson followed by Healy.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Anderson
                Healy
                Zunino
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Anderson is the easy 1st choice.

Healy vs. Zunino is trickier. I believe more in Zunino's PT certainty, with his lack of competition, and Seattle wanting to finally see what they've got. The OBP helps him a lot.

Healy probably has more perceived value given his strong rookie season, but given that he's being shifted to 1st base for his poor defense, he'll need to produce even more to justify a spot in the lineup... I'd see if anybody else wants him at that price, and wouldn't sweat it if I had to throw him back and somebody else wanted to pay $15+ at the draft.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    I have a trade offer for my $34 Brian dozier where I can get two of these three players.....

Mike zunino $8
                    Tim Anderson $2
                    Ryan Healy $9

All contracts are good thru 2018 and have option to extend for $5 per year added to contract.

We use ob% instead of batting avg.

So which two do you like and why?
                    Thanks for any help.
                    I go with Anderson and Healy.

The why Anderson is under priced and Dozier who I like this year is slightly overpriced. Anderson plus $32 bucks to spend at auction is an easy decision for me. I am pretty sure I could turn that 32 bucks into something very good.

Add in a potential 30 hr guy and the choice is pretty easy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I go with Anderson and Healy.

The why Anderson is under priced and Dozier who I like this year is slightly overpriced. Anderson plus $32 bucks to spend at auction is an easy decision for me. I am pretty sure I could turn that 32 bucks into something very good.

Add in a potential 30 hr guy and the choice is pretty easy for me.
                      Same for me, no brainer for Anderson/Healy

Comment

Anderson
                        ~~~~~~~~~
                        Healy
                        ~~~~~~~~~
                        Zunino

Zunino clubbed ML pitching last season (.286/.376/.521 with 17 HRs in 280 ABs) and he did hit for a lot of power upon his return to the majors, but that BA is a killer. 1,125 career ABs of a .195 BA. ::

Comment

Working...
                        X