Into the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into the night

Here is the draft so far, including keepers, options and trades. I have more options and trades than most, so I have a loooooong wait, eight rounds, over 50 picks not counting options (one round has a single pick). When we come out the other side, in about a week, picks will be in the neighborhood of #300.

How does it look so far?

16 team H2H, start 22 (12 Pl, 10 P)

C Russell Martin
    1B Paul Goldschmidt
    2B Robinson Canó
    3B Jung-Ho Kang
    SS Aledmys Diaz
    MI Orlando Arcia
    OF/CI Ian Desmond
    OF Christian Yelich
    OF Yasmany Tomás
    OF Max Kepler
    OF David Peralta
    OF or CI
    Util

SP Carlos Carrasco
    SP Carlos Rodon
    SP Michael Fulmer
    SP Sean Manaea
    RP Dellin Betances
    RP Kelvin Herrera
    RP Nate Jones
    P Jim Johnson
    P Jon Gray
    P Zach Davies

BN Zack Wheeler
    BNx5

Big trade. I deal Yasmani Tomas and a pick in the 300s for Jon Gray and Jung-Ho Kang.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-03-2017, 09:54 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Sorry, but I just don't see how that pitching staff will be competitive. Can you get away with starting TWO bullpenners and be competitive in Ks and Ws?

Comment

On the hitting side you could really use another bopper. Probably in a position where you could sacrifice a bit of hit tool, so a Carter type if available would work well I think.

Comment

This team has a lot of potential, but you are going to have to hit on almost all of it to be competitive. Especially on pitching. You need another very good pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Sorry, but I just don't see how that pitching staff will be competitive. Can you get away with starting TWO bullpenners and be competitive in Ks and Ws?
          I looked a lot better a year ago when I had Jose Fernandez penciled in as SP1. CC is no ace, but Fulmer/Manaea are better than average at SP3/SP4.

We start 10 pitchers, SPx4, RPx3, Px3. I should be able to run all four RP all season. For a bullpen, that is a ton of Ks. I need to add a couple innings eaters in the late middle rounds.

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          On the hitting side you could really use another bopper. Probably in a position where you could sacrifice a bit of hit tool, so a Carter type if available would work well I think.
          Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          This team has a lot of potential, but you are going to have to hit on almost all of it to be competitive. Especially on pitching. You need another very good pitcher.
          I get that. I need to find a breakout player in the middle to late rounds. As noted above, losing Jose Fernandez hut badly. With him I could go toe to toe. Now I am at least half in building mode. that said, Fern himself was a late mid-round pick.

About my 3B situation, Solarte did not make it within 30 picks.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            I looked a lot better a year ago when I had Jose Fernandez penciled in as SP1. CC is no ace, but Fulmer/Manaea are better than average at SP3/SP4.

We start 10 pitchers, SPx4, RPx3, Px3. I should be able to run all four RP all season. For a bullpen, that is a ton of Ks. I need to add a couple innings eaters in the late middle rounds.
            Ah. Sorry man.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Ah. Sorry man.
              The killer is that I won the league without him. I was down three points on Friday night, then the roof fell on my opponent.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I get that. I need to find a breakout player in the middle to late rounds. As noted above, losing Jose Fernandez hut badly. With him I could go toe to toe. Now I am at least half in building mode. that said, Fern himself was a late mid-round pick.

About my 3B situation, Solarte did not make it within 30 picks.
                What about Shaw?

Losing Fernandez hurts any who had him. You asked what we thought and we thought you need another pitcher.

Comment

Shaw is still on the board for now. It's getting weekend slow.

Cuthbert is one of my sleepers, because I think he bats a lot this year. He doesn't have Mous's glove but he hits a lot better. I can probably still get him in round 20.

Pitching wise, I am working on a deal for Jarad Eickhoff. The problem is that it would cost Tomas. The likes of JRoss, TRoss, Wainwright and Estrada top the current SP board. Further in are Kennedy, Guerra, Pomeranz and Cotton. one might slip through and I have a decent shot at McHugh and the double Gs, Triggs and Skaggs.

J
                  Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-25-2017, 10:52 AM.
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Shaw is still on the board for now. It's getting weekend slow.

Cuthbert is one of my sleepers, because I think he bats a lot this year. He doesn't have Mous's glove but he hits a lot better. I can probably still get him in round 20.

Pitching wise, I am working on a deal for Jarad Eickhoff. The problem is that it would cost Tomas. The likes of Ross, Kennedy, Pommeranz and Cotton top the current SP board.

J
                    Is it Joe Ross? I think I like him about the same or maybe even a tad better than Eickoff.

I like Shaw better than Cuthbert...then again Shaw is one of my sleepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Is it Joe Ross? I think I like him about the same or maybe even a tad better than Eickoff.

I like Shaw better than Cuthbert...then again Shaw is one of my sleepers.
                      Both Ross's. Joe Ross is literally the top SP still on board that is not injured. I have no chance unless he gets injured today.

I also like Shaw a couple rounds better than Cuthbert. But, Shaw is on several lists so chances are thin. Past him are Prado, Drury, guys with four positions. I am getting tempted by Jose Reyes.

Oh well. Shaw is gone. Joe Ross is gone. I am now 27 picks out. Jose Reyes and Martin Prado are the only 3B left with assured PT if healthy.

Reyes is gone. It looks like Prado is the upside. At least it isn't Derek Dietrich, though I might put up with him for a month if I had something better coming. Mr. HBP has his uses in OBA leagues.

J
                      Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-27-2017, 01:23 AM.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Update: I made two picks and traded for another, now 13 picks to go. Then another long wait.

I needed more pitching and a big bat. I picked David Peralta and Zach Davies. For the upcoming pick, I am targeting Gsellman to handcuff with Wheeler.

This is updated:

16 team H2H, start 22 (12 Pl, 10 P)

C Russell Martin
                        1B Paul Goldschmidt
                        2B Robinson Canó
                        3B
                        SS Aledmys Diaz
                        MI Orlando Arcia
                        CI Ian Desmond
                        OF Christian Yelich
                        OF Yasmany Tomás
                        OF Max Kepler
                        OF David Peralta
                        Util

SP Carlos Carrasco
                        SP Carlos Rodon
                        SP Michael Fulmer
                        SP Sean Manaea
                        RP Dellin Betances
                        RP Kelvin Herrera
                        RP Nate Jones
                        P Jim Johnson
                        P Zach Davies
                        P

BN Zack Wheeler
                        BNx5

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

For your listening pleasure while you draft:

Comment

Thanks Ed.

Do you have about 100 hours of ocean sounds?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Thanks Ed.

Do you have about 100 hours of ocean sounds?

J
                              C'mon J, is that really better than one hit wonder Benny Mardones?

Comment

Working...
                              X