Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help...

Hello there rotojunkies.

10 team mixed 5x5. Traditional roster (including two Cs) plus an extra DH slot. Weekly lineups. Seven keepers, no contracts.

Keeping:
    Goldschmidt
    Miggy
    Syndergaard
    Billy Hamilton
    Ian Kinsler

Deciding:
    Evan Gattis
    Chris Davis
    Stephen Piscotty
    Kevin Gausman
    Craig Kimbrel
    Javier Baez

Gun to my head, I'm going with Gattis and Davis as the final two. But I'm open to arguments...
    Last edited by amcg; 02-23-2017, 12:19 PM.

I'm assuming 2 Cs? If not, no way would I keep Gattis over Piscotty or Gausman.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I'm assuming 2 Cs? If not, no way would I keep Gattis over Piscotty or Gausman.
      Correct. Two catchers. Will edit original post to clarify.

Comment

Yeah, I think I go Gattis and Davis.

Comment

I agree with keeping Gattis and Davis.

I like the power and your other keeps will offset the Davis BA.

Comment

Another vote for Gattis and Davis.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll be contrarian and take Davis and Piscotty. And to be honest its not close for me between Gattis and Piscotty.

Piscotty is a better bet to be a top 100 player.

Don't get me wrong, I like Evan Gattis. He is ranked around ~10th in the catcher rankings. But Gattis is projected to give you 25 HR and hit .250 and nothing else substantial in the other categories.

Give me Steven Vogt (or pick your favorite late round catcher) and Piscotty over Gattis and Denard Span (random late round OFer)

Comment

Thanks for the input folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I'll be contrarian and take Davis and Piscotty. And to be honest its not close for me between Gattis and Piscotty.

Piscotty is a better bet to be a top 100 player.

Don't get me wrong, I like Evan Gattis. He is ranked around ~10th in the catcher rankings. But Gattis is projected to give you 25 HR and hit .250 and nothing else substantial in the other categories.

Give me Steven Vogt (or pick your favorite late round catcher) and Piscotty over Gattis and Denard Span (random late round OFer)
                  Gattis is actually rated around 4th.

This is a 10 team mixed needing 50 OF and 20 catchers. I have Joc Pederson rated at #47 Josh Reddick at about the same. I will take Gattis and Pederson over Piscotty and the likes of Rupp, d'Arnaud, and Zunino.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Gattis is actually rated around 4th.
                    Can you explain what you mean here? I said above he's ranked ~10 as a general rule because that is a overall average 8-10th overall across several different sources. He may be as high as 4th on some individual lists, but I'd be careful only looking at one. He's certainly not rated around 4th when you look at multiple sources. 4th is his high end.

If you look at https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/play...aft&position=C , more "experts" rank him worse than 10th than those who rank him 4th (or better).

I don't think it's fair to just say he's about 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Can you explain what you mean here? I said above he's ranked ~10 as a general rule because that is a overall average 8-10th overall across several different sources. He may be as high as 4th on some individual lists, but I'd be careful only looking at one. He's certainly not rated around 4th when you look at multiple sources. 4th is his high end.

If you look at https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/play...aft&position=C , more "experts" rank him worse than 10th than those who rank him 4th (or better).

I don't think it's fair to just say he's about 4th.
                      Nice site, thanks for posting it. Nope I did not poll everyone. The ones that I use had him 4th and I happen to agree with them.

Your site shows Gattis ADP as 126. They show Piscotti (and I am a fan) at 120 ADP. I am easily taking the catcher and the lesser OF than the OF and the lesser catcher. I can find the OF much easier than the catcher.

But hey, isn't that what makes this game fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X