PONY Keeper help needed - Junk Dogz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY Keeper help needed - Junk Dogz

15-team mixed, standard $260, 23-man, 5x5, 2 catchers. Keep 10.

1B - AJ Reed o19 $ 5
    2B - Dee Gordon g19 $17 must keep
    SS - Corey Seager o19 $ 5
    2B – Cesar Hernandez o18 $ 3
    3B - Yulleski Gurriel o18 $ 5
    OF/1B/SS- Brad Miller o18 $11
    OF 1B – Tyler Austin o18 $ 5

P - Jacob deGrom g18 $15 must keep
    P - Yu Darvish o17 $ 4 ----> extend how much? ($5 per yr)
    P - Noah Syndergaard o18 $ 5
    P - Vince Velasquez o18 $ 3
    P- Kenta Maeda o18 $15
    P - Roberto Osuna o17 $ 5 ---> extend? how much?
    P - Aroldis Chapman o18 $19
    P - Sam Dyson o18 $ 1
    P- Jim Johnson o18 $ 5

Minors
    Yoan Moncada
    Nick Senzel
    Jesse Winker
    Yadier Alvarez
    Amir Garrett
    Robert Stephenson

Gordon
    Seager
    DeGrom
    Darvish extend two years
    Thor
    VV
    Maeda
    Osuna extend one year
    Chapman
    Dyson

With four closers I'd definitely be looking to deal, though not sure how much interest you'll get in Johnson.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Must keep

Gordon
      deGrom

No brainers

Seager
      Syndergaard
      Darvish (personally I would extend 1 year - health issues and he's older than it may seem due to the time in Japan)
      Osuna (I'd extend 1 year)

After that it gets murky. You have soooo many pitchers, it's going to be difficult going into the draft/auction without hitters. I'd consider keeping Hernandez at that price.

Do your players in the minors count against the 10 or is it a separate bucket?

Comment

Minors are separate. Yeah, I know I have too many pitchers, but this is where I'm at (between a rock and a hard place).
        No love for Yulleski? Perhaps foolishly I traded Michael Fulmer and Gregory Bird for him last July.

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
          Minors are separate. Yeah, I know I have too many pitchers, but this is where I'm at (between a rock and a hard place).
          No love for Yulleski? Perhaps foolishly I traded Michael Fulmer and Gregory Bird for him last July.
          I dont mind Gurriel but I don't expect he'd go much higher than $5 so why not throw him back?

Considering your staff, I don't think you should fret much about Fulmer/Bird.

If its me I'd go:

Gordon, Seager, Hernandez
          DeGrom, Darvish, Syndergaard, Osuna, Chapman, VV, Dyson

You're right that you can only go forward with what you have, and that's a good staff, nothing to be upset about.

Comment

P - Sam Dyson o18 $ 1
            P- Jim Johnson o18 $ 5

I would extend Darvish 3 years and Osuna 1 year.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

P - Sam Dyson o18 $ 1
              P- Jim Johnson o18 $ 5

I would extend Darvish 3 years and Osuna 1 year.
              3 years? Wow, that is bold.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                3 years? Wow, that is bold.
                Too bold for my blood. I would go two, take the profit and minimize the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Too bold for my blood. I would go two, take the profit and minimize the risk.
                  Yea, $20 is about my limit on pitchers in the auction so increasing his salary to $19 just about negates his keeper value IMO.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'd add Yuli to the hitters. I think he's as good a gamble as any of your lower level arms.

3B - Yulleski Gurriel o18 $ 5

P - Sam Dyson o18 $ 1
                    P- Jim Johnson o18 $ 5

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Yea, $20 is about my limit on pitchers in the auction so increasing his salary to $19 just about negates his keeper value IMO.
                      Not to pile on but as a Rangers fan who watches every start Yu makes, I can't rationalize extending more than 1 year. He teases you with the talent but the heath concerns are troublesome. Maybe it was just the Tommy John after effects, but he has not pitched a full season since 2013. And this is his 30 year old season. Sure, he can pitch for 6 or 7 more years, but I have to wonder what those years will look like.

I'd be conservative and stick with just an extra 1 year.

Comment

My gut is telling me Yuli as well. It's difficult to tell how he'll do, but he seems to be a polished bat that will hopefully perform straight away for the Astros. He just defected last Feb. and here he is now, the Astro's starting 1B. Age and stamina might be in question. High risk/high reward? Maybe?

Comment

My gut is telling me Yuli as well. It's difficult to tell how he'll do, but he seems to be a polished bat that will hopefully perform straight away for the Astros. He just defected last Feb. and here he is now, the Astro's starting 1B. Age and stamina might be in question. High risk/high reward? Maybe?
                          My question is, regardless of how good he'll be, do we think he'll go for much more than $5 in an auction format like this?

Personally I do not. So if you are all in on Yuli, don't you just try to buy him for $3 or $4 after throwing him back in?

Comment

I may not be the best one to comment on this given the quality of the league owners (mostly RJs), so maybe John or someone else in our league could comment, but I think with Yuli's semi-hype and new everyday role, my guess is he would go for $10+, but you could be right, he could fetch only a few bucks. It's just so hard to judge an unknown, someone who could fall either way. My thought process gives him credit for performing at a decent level in the Cuban National Series for 15 years and landing an everyday role in this his first full year in mlb.

Comment

I may not be the best one to comment on this given the quality of the league owners (mostly RJs), so maybe John or someone else in our league could comment, but I think with Yuli's semi-hype and new everyday role, my guess is he would go for $10+, but you could be right, he could fetch only a few bucks. It's just so hard to judge an unknown, someone who could fall either way. My thought process gives him credit for performing at a decent level in the Cuban National Series for 15 years and landing an everyday role in this his first full year in mlb.
                              His ADP on my sheet (which is a little old) is 254. He went 240 in Mock 1. Eugenio Suarez and Brandon Drury are the 2 guys after him. Ahead of him you've got Bird, VMart, Cron. Those all sound like 1-5 dollar players, with Yuli and VMart getting pushed a bit for interesting upside.

VV might go double digits if there's a bidding war (and he is a Philie) and his ADP is about 50 picks higher. But he could also be the guy that goes for a buck. Then again he has upside so maybe he's this year's Duffy.

Comment

Working...
                              X