Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    is that Hudson for sure?
    I mean, that's the question, isn't it? I think in the short term, it is. Hurdle does like to have a "guy" and I think he'll give Watson a fairly long leash.

Comment

Ok another exciting update as I have made about 6 more picks.

So being a Pirates fan I like to try to own one guy to root for and Glasnow had fallen far enough that I didn't feel like I was over reaching. I took Glasnow in round 21.Round 22 was Derek Norris because apparently I have to own some Catchers.

Round 23 I took Mallex Smith to get some cheap bench speed. We will see if I need to use it. Matt Bush was my 24th round pick as I start speculating on closers, I also like his stuff if I have to use him on a bad week as a MR. Grabbed another lottery ticket SP in Severino in the 25th. 26th round was a boring Alcides Escobar, but he is a nice guy to have around if I need to replace an injury. Corey Knebel in the 27th as another speculating closer. 28th was Dan Vogelbach because cheap power?

C D Norris C
      1b Miggy
      2b Zobrist
      3b Beltre
      SS Villar
      MI Forsythe
      CI A Gonzalez
      OF Braun, J Upton, Kiermaier, Mazara, Heyward
      UT Kang

SP Cueto, Duffy, A Sanchez, Paxton, Iwakuma, Glasnow
      RP C Allen, T Watson, R Madson

Bench
      Mallex Smith
      Alcides Escobar
      Daniel Vogelbach

Corey Knebel
      Matt Bush
      L Severino

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        well we have reached a milestone moment in this draft, where most teams have filled their starting rosters. I feel like I have adquately addressed the speed and age issues I had before. Still need a second catcher, but Im leaning toward using a non-contributor there...here's how it looks:
        C- Martin
        1B- Miggy
        2B- Dee Gordon
        3B- Longoria
        SS- Seager
        OF- Trumbo, Ozuna, Calhoun, Pence, Margot, Jankowski
        MI/CI- Arcia, Gyorko
        P- Archer, Greinke, Gausman, Velasquez, Guerra, Cobb
        P- Osuna, Watson, Neris
        I assume that these 50-rounders are all over...mine ended a couple days ago. Might be interesting to see how they shook out for each of us, especially on the benches. Two of my early bench pickups are already into my starting lineup: one was Blake Treinen and the other Aaron Judge, so yeah Im happy. Treinen for Neris and Judge for Jankowski for now.

As for the rest, I really tried to get multi-eligibles when possible, and a good deal of pitching:
        C- Ruiz, Alfaro, Salty, (Swihart eventually)
        CI- Shaw, Freese, Gallo, Tellez, R.Ruiz
        MI- Lowrie, J.Polanco, M.Rojas
        OF- Judge, Toles, Swihart, Canha, Refsnyder
        SP- Chen, Sabathia, A.Garrett, AJ.Griffin, C.Reed, P.Hughes, J.Hoffman, E.Butler, Clevinger
        RP- Treinen, Boxberger, Strahm

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Finished my team today with a 50th round pick of Jeff Hoffman. With the Rockies losing 2 starters, maybe his path to the rotation is a bit clearer. All I really want is for him to have some road starts in SD or another pitchers park anyway.

C: Grandal (10) and Vogt (15); Iannetta (30) and Austin Barnes (39)
          1B/3B/CI: Gurriel (19), Bryant (1), J Turner (9); Pearce (23), AJ Reed (31), Mark Reynolds (43), Connor Gillaspie (45)
          2B/SS/MI: Panik (18 ), Lindor (2), Asdrubal (14); Jorge Polanco (27), Dilson Herrera (35), Ozzie Albies (36), Tim Beckham (41)
          OF: Cespedes (4), G Polanco (5), Eaton (8 ), Kiermaier (11), Maybin (21); Brinson (24), Hyun Soo Kim (34), Deshields (37), Jon Jay (40), Clint Frazier (47), Bourjos (49)
          UT: V Martinez (16)

With the O's signing Pedro Alvarez I'm worried that my OF6 and OF7 will be very limited in their PT. With Pearce having elbow issues I'm worried he won't play or get qualified at 2B/OF. Dilson Herrera is killing the ball but can't throw, and there's no DH in the NL. Maybe my Mark Reynolds flier pays off. I love the Asdrubal and Kiermaier picks but I'm worried about Maybin and not having a great backup plan. I loved the Turner pick at the time but now he's getting shots in his knee and I'm scared.

SP: Cueto (3), Tanaka (7), Rodon (13), G Richards (17), Wacha (20), Javy Guerra (22); Adam Conley (26), Matt Boyd (29), Nate Karns (32), Ricky Nolasco (33), Jesse Hahn (38 ), AJ Cole (44), Jeff Hoffman (50)

Probably didn't draft my 7th and 8th starters early enough given the risk in Wacha/Richards/Tanaka. Those 3 probably make or break my season. Boyd does look likely to get the DET 5th spot, so that's something.

RP: Ken Giles (6), Jim Johnson (12), H Rondon (25); Gregerson (28 ), Uehara (42), Joe Kelly (44), Justin Wilson (48 )

Didn't take enough fliers on potential closers, but I got 2/4 of the Cubs behind Davis (missing CJ and Strop). I hope Collette and Sporer are right on Jim Johnson. I hope Rondon and Gregerson have elite enough ratios to be worth starting on weeks when my SP6/SP7 don't have good matchups - I didn't take as many elite setup guys as I would have liked.
          I wish I had the foresight to pick Treinen!

Matt Boyd and Nate Karns look like they won their 5th starters jobs. Deshields looks like a really good pick. Nolasco is the Angels opening day starter which is definitely a thing that happened. Joe Kelly moved up to the primary setup role after the Red Sox blew up Thornburg's shoulder. Polanco came down with a bum shoulder. Rodon was hurt but is now probably OK. I still have no idea if Ianetta is going to be the DBacks primary catcher. Mark Reynolds looks like a most of the time starter at 1B for the Rockies. Hahn got demoted. Hoffman got demoted. Reed got demoted.

For week 1 while I wait for Yuli to get 1B eligibility, I'm starting Steve Pearce at 1B. I'm going with Yuli vs SEA over Reynolds @MIL for the first few games.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I wish I had the foresight to pick Treinen!

Matt Boyd and Nate Karns look like they won their 5th starters jobs. Deshields looks like a really good pick. Nolasco is the Angels opening day starter which is definitely a thing that happened. Joe Kelly moved up to the primary setup role after the Red Sox blew up Thornburg's shoulder. Polanco came down with a bum shoulder. Rodon was hurt but is now probably OK. I still have no idea if Ianetta is going to be the DBacks primary catcher. Mark Reynolds looks like a most of the time starter at 1B for the Rockies. Hahn got demoted. Hoffman got demoted. Reed got demoted.

For week 1 while I wait for Yuli to get 1B eligibility, I'm starting Steve Pearce at 1B. I'm going with Yuli vs SEA over Reynolds @MIL for the first few games.
            Deshields and Karns definitely look like great values. The demotions arent a big deal to me...this is a long-haul thing. I think Eddie Butler will make an impact for the Cubs later on (Hoffman and Clevenger maybe). Same with Tellez for Toronto and Swihart.

Comment

Mine just wrapped up last night, it went very slowly. Anyway here is what my final roster looks like...

C. D Norris, N Hundley, B Maxwell, C Sisco

1B Adrian Gonzalez, Miguel Cabrera, AJ Reed, D Vogeglbach, Jose Osuna,

2B Logan Forsythe, Ben Zobrist, Dilson Herera

3B Adrian Beltre, J H Kang

SS J Villar, Alcides Escobar

OF R Braun, Justin Upton, K Kiermaier, J Heyward, Nomar Mazara, Mallex Smith, N Aoki, Bradley Zimmer, Zack Granite

DH Only Pedro Alvarez

Pitching

Johnny Cueto
              Aaron Sanchez
              Danny Duffy
              James Paxton
              Cody Allen
              Tony Watson
              Tyler Glasnow
              H Iwakuma
              Matt Bush
              Corey Knebel
              Ryan Madson
              Luis Severino
              Michael Feliz
              Joe Blanton
              Zack Burdi
              Carson Fulmer
              Josh Hader
              Tony Zych
              Jamie Schultz
              Robert Stephenson
              Michael Kopech
              Frankie Montas
              Sean Newcomb

We will see how it goes. Good luck guys!

Comment

The first place team in my league has 133 points. 2nd place is 90.5.

The first place team picked Altuve at 1.04, then Freeman, Stanton, Yelich, Kimbrel, Wade Davis, Gerrit Cole, Sano... and then Rich Hill and Buxton in rounds 9 and 10. So they're not even firing on all cylinders yet.

Comment

How are you guys doing? Im holding my own in the 4-7 range on any give day, around 75-80 points. Running out of healthy OF though! To me this is less of a skill and more of a test of how many injuries your team can stave off, but it's fun. Top team in my league is at 113 points right now and is coming back to the pack - lost about 15 points in the last couple weeks.

Comment

I was up to 4th earlier in the week, but today I'm in 9th with 80.5. The middle has a lot of fluctuation.

To start the week, I had Eaton, Polanco, Cespedes all on the DL, plus Justin Turner and Steve Pearce, making it hard for me to move Bryant to OF. Plus Asdrubal was on the DL for a while, though I've got Beckham and nowhere to play him, so it's just as well. My outfield was Kiermaier, Maybin, Jon Jay, Deshields, and Syun Hoo Kim. Why oh why won't the Brewers call up Brinson?

I've also got Richards, Rodon, Karns, Guerra on the DL and Tanaka should probably be there too. I'm not even sure where Adam Conley went, he just disappeared from baseball.

What I really need is someone to draft my first 12 rounds or so for me. My late round picks are usually fine - Mark Reynolds, Beckham, Justin Wilson, Jorge Polanco, Karns, Hahn, even Jeff Hoffman.

Comment

Top 3 in my league are 110, 108 and 107.5, so they've got their own little race happening there. And then 89.5, 85.5, 84.5, 84.5, 82, 80.5, 78.5, 76.5 and 75 before you get to the 3 hopeless teams at the bottom.

First place team hasn't really lost anyone (Aaron Sanchez, Didi), 2nd place has Freeman, Ellsbury, Taillon, RIch Hill, 3rd has Britton and that's about it.

Comment

My problem is I have Lowrie, Jorge Polanco and nowhere to put them. Meanwhile due to injury Im down to the three-man rotation of Margot, Canha and Refsnyder for my 5th OF spot. Once Gallo starts playing LF I will be in better shape. Heaven forbid I get another OF injury. Still I feel like Im well positioned depth wise to make a run as injuries kill off other teams

Comment

Cueto (3), Tanaka (7), Rodon (13), G Richards (17), Wacha (20), Javy Guerra (22); Adam Conley (26), Matt Boyd (29)

That's a great way to finish 12th.

1 - Bryant - fine pick
                          2 - Lindor - actually a pretty good pick
                          3 - Cueto
                          4 - Cespedes - blech
                          5 - Polanco - blech
                          6 - Giles - fine pick
                          7 - Tanaka
                          8 - Eaton
                          9 - J Turner - awesome pick
                          10 - Grandal - so-so

Comment

Finished 7th. Mid pack

Comment

Without FA pickups, seems like an exercise in frustration. Looking at Frae's roster, his offense got pummelled. I don't think I could deal with a league like this.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Without FA pickups, seems like an exercise in frustration. Looking at Frae's roster, his offense got pummelled. I don't think I could deal with a league like this.
                                Not worth reporting on my team. The pitching was actually ok and if I had been in it I could have managed my way into more points by paying attention after July. As it is my offense was utter and complete trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X