Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL 10 team Keeper Help

Updated with trades:

Standard 5x5, can keep 11. Only caveat is that DH is a position. Guy must have 20 games there to be kept or bid on.

Jose Rameirez - $1
    Victor Martinez - $10 - see above - GONE
    Vogelbach - $3
    Holt - $1
    Matt Duffy - $5 - GONE
    J. Bradley - $5, can extend for $5 a year
    Brad Miller - $4, can extend GONE
    Benintendi - $1
    Bregman - $3
    Chisenhall - $2, can extend
    Bundy - $5 - GONE
    Dan Duffy - $3
    Aaron Sanchez - $7 GONE
    Shoemaker - $7
    Skaggs - $3
    Stroman - $1, can extend
    LIndor - $15
    KInsler - $15

Right now the 5 I won't keep are Chisenhall, Vogelbach, Holt, Skaggs and Shoemaker. Anybody feel differently? What about extending Bradley or Stroman, or even Miller who is 1B/SS but will be probably be 2B eligible next year?

Thanks
    Last edited by mike9289; 03-03-2017, 08:59 AM.

Who even has DH eligibility in the AL this year? VMart, Beltran, Nelson Cruz I guess?

I think given that rule I'd keep VMart in a 10-team league.

I wouldn't extend Miller, I just don't trust him. I agree on tossing back Vogelbach, Holt, Chisenhall. Probably Skaggs too. I really like Shoemaker. I guess $7 is a lot for a 10-team AL? I might be inclined to throw back Matt Duffy instead and keep Shoemaker. I think I like Shoemaker more than Bundy if you're attached to Duffy. I just think you'll need somehwere to spend your money so keeping one less bat gives you one more place to spend.

I'd extend Bradley to $10, and Stroman to $6. Both are low risk.

Comment

I'd be inclined to keep Skaggs $3 over Matt Duffy $5. Duffy's ceiling seems a bit more limited than Skaggs' and in a 10 team AL Only, I think ceiling gets a bit higher consideration.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Other AL only DH qualifiers: EE, Avasail Garcia, Evan Gattis, Kendrys Morales, Pujols, Carlos Santana, and Trey Mancini (at least in how our rules work). If it's a 10-game requirement, the window opens a lot more.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Guys, want to bump this back up. Realized that a lot of studs at high prices would be kept leaving me little to buy with all my cash. So I traded for $15 LIndor and a $15 Kinsler (1st post updated). I plan to keep Shoemaker and Skaggs partly because both received some love here. Now I'm at 10 with those 4, Stroman, Bendi, Ramirez, Bregman, Bradley and Dan Duffy. Who for #11 and do you like the deals?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Who even has DH eligibility in the AL this year? VMart, Beltran, Nelson Cruz I guess?
            at least 20 game minimum for eligibility = morales, v.martinez, p.alvarez

if it is most game if not 20, include pompey, mancini and morneau

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
              Updated with trades:

Jose Rameirez - $1
              J. Bradley - $5, can extend for $5 a year
              Benintendi - $1
              Bregman - $3
              Dan Duffy - $3
              Shoemaker - $7
              Skaggs - $3
              Stroman - $1, can extend
              LIndor - $15
              KInsler - $15

Right now the 5 I won't keep are Chisenhall, Vogelbach, Holt, Skaggs and Shoemaker. Anybody feel differently? What about extending Bradley or Stroman, or even Miller who is 1B/SS but will be probably be 2B eligible next year?
              After getting rid of the players you apparently traded and said that you wouldn't keep I only see 10.

If you're asking to keep Chisenhall, Vogelbach, or Holt .... meh .... possibly Chisenhall - he should turn a profit at that salary.

You should be able to extend Bradley for a year. Don't extend Stroman - as a rule, I don't extend pitchers because of the risk.

What's the auction budget? If you have a $260 budget you'll have PLENTY to spend!
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                After getting rid of the players you apparently traded and said that you wouldn't keep I only see 10.

If you're asking to keep Chisenhall, Vogelbach, or Holt .... meh .... possibly Chisenhall - he should turn a profit at that salary.

You should be able to extend Bradley for a year. Don't extend Stroman - as a rule, I don't extend pitchers because of the risk.

What's the auction budget? If you have a $260 budget you'll have PLENTY to spend!
                Yes, the question is who will be #11.

And the budget is $260. Getting the feeling though that a lot of the studs will be kept at non profit prices leaving me with nobody to buy with all this money. That's why I traded for Lindor and left myself short a keeper.

Comment

Given your trade and cash situation, I'd keep VMart at 10 for your DH slot. 90% of the time I'd agree with Kawaise about pitchers, but I would extend Stroman one year to 6. I agree about extending Bradley a year, too.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X