Need some quick thoughts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some quick thoughts..

Mixed league, 12-team 5x5 with OBP replacing BA. Last pick for about 28 picks due to pick trades by the prior owner. I need OF, 3B, and 2B. Options:

Lorenzo Cain
    Marcell Osuna
    Andrew Benintendi
    Justin Turner
    Adam Duvall
    Logan Forsythe
    Eduardo Nunez
    Odubel Herrera
    Kole Calhoun
    I'm just here for the baseball.

In a 12 teamed, I'm prone to gamble on upside. It may not be the smartest play, but I'd probably take Benintendi.

Comment

Is it a keeper league? Needs? If a keeper, Benintendi, if speed is needed, Nunez. If power, probably Turner. Those are the 3 that I'd choose from...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Is it a keeper league? Needs? If a keeper, Benintendi, if speed is needed, Nunez. If power, probably Turner. Those are the 3 that I'd choose from...
        Same thoughts.
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Agree with Hornsby.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll go with Masher. Decent stats are easier to get in a shallow league. What you win with are breakouts.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'd go with Odubel Herrera in his age 25 season, for his balance of OBP/HR/SB. His defense will keep him in the lineup, and he should improve on his 87 Runs scored with a rapidly improving Phillies team. For your SB option, there's a lot more playing time certainty with Odubel than you get with Nunez.

My 2nd choice is Justin Turner for the HR and all around production at 3B. Also like his long-term contract and playing-time certainty.

If it's a keeper league, Benintendi is the guy. But if it was a keeper league, I'm sure Benintendi wouldn't be available.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

It is a keeper league, where players can be assigned 1,2 or 3 year contracts after they're taken. I have flexibility in power and speed; skipping a speed guy means I'll need to pull the trigger on a Margot or Keon Broxton a little earlier.

Was leaning toward Benintendi or Cain. Took Benintendi, which has the added benefit of totally hosing the guy who picks next, and is a big Red Sox fan.

Teenwolf - interesting points on Herrera. He might just squeeze under the radar, as the league is likely going to have a significant closer run in the next series of picks.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  It is a keeper league, where players can be assigned 1,2 or 3 year contracts after they're taken. I have flexibility in power and speed; skipping a speed guy means I'll need to pull the trigger on a Margot or Keon Broxton a little earlier.

Was leaning toward Benintendi or Cain. Took Benintendi, which has the added benefit of totally hosing the guy who picks next, and is a big Red Sox fan.

Teenwolf - interesting points on Herrera. He might just squeeze under the radar, as the league is likely going to have a significant closer run in the next series of picks.
                  Right call; Herrera a close second.

Comment

Working...
                  X