PONY keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY keepers

15-team mixed, standard $260, 23-man, 5x5, 2 catchers. Keep 10.

SP Sonny Gray $10 g17 (must keep)
    OF Pollock $11 g18 (must keep)
    OF Springer $5 o17 (due extension - thinking I sign him at $15/yr through 2019? Or only $10/1 extra year or $20/3 extra years?)

SP MIchael Fulmer $3 018
    C Wilson Contreras $5 o18
    2B/3B/SS Javy Baez $1 o18
    OF Buxton $5 o19
    2B Lemahieu $5 o17
    SS Tim Anderson $5 o19
    OF Reddick $2 o17
    1B Greg Bird $1 o18
    SP Sean Manaea $5 o19
    3B/OF Brandon Drury $5 o18
    2B Raul Mondesi $5 o19
    SP Lance Lynn $1 o18

I'd extend Springer two years.

Fulmer
    Contreras
    LeMahieu (also extend one year?)
    Bird
    Baez
    Buxton
    Anderson

Manaea tough call but couldn't justify replacing any of the others. Maybe try to find a 2-for-1 deal.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I am agreeing with DMT across the boards.

Comment

I agree with both with one exception- I'd keep Manaea over Bird. At least from what I've read, the Yanks plan to use Chris Carter against lefties.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I agree with both with one exception- I'd keep Manaea over Bird. At least from what I've read, the Yanks plan to use Chris Carter against lefties.
          I'm with Chance on this.

And $15 a year on Springer feels right.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Yea good point...I'd probably go Manaea as well if you can't swing any deals.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Agree with the above. Manaea over Bird and two years on Springer. Also, i would have no problem keeping Lynn at $1 if you get a chance to make a 2 for 1 deal to upgrade.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

OK, well I traded Gray and Pollock for a $5 Billy Hamilton. So now I'm kind of looking at

1-OF Hamilton $5 o17
                2-OF Springer $5 o17
                3-SS Tim Anderson $5 o19
                4-SP MIchael Fulmer $3 018
                5-C Wilson Contreras $5 o18
                6-2B/3B/SS Javy Baez $1 o18
                7-OF Buxton $5 o19
                8-2B Lemahieu $5 o17
                9-1B Greg Bird $1 o18
                10-SP Sean Manaea $5 o19
                ----
                3B/OF Brandon Drury $5 o18
                OF Reddick $2 o17
                2B Raul Mondesi $5 o19
                SP Lance Lynn $1 o18

I'm not that worried about Bird not facing lefties - I'll take 450 good PAs at my CI spot, instead of 450 good and 150 bad.

Comment

John, Seeing you just traded for him, what I'd most be worried about is Billy Hamilton staying healthy. As someone who watched nearly every Reds game last season, seems Billy is pretty fragile overall between his 2016 season concussion, thumb contusion, knee injury and finally his oblique injury. Awesome base stealing when he plays. It will be an interesting sb race this year between Hamilton/Turner/Gordon... IF Billy can stay healthy, you certainly have to give the edge to him, but I think it's a big IF.

Comment

Working...
                  X