Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL only Rookie and reserve draft question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only Rookie and reserve draft question.

I have the 3rd overall pick in the reserve round of our 12 team NL only league. The first best available (not kept) rookie is Eloy Jimenez.

I doubt he gets to me. I am thinking of offering the guy with the overall number one pick Ian Happ and my #1 for his #1.

Or my first round pick, and my second round pick for his first round and third round. I think I would prefer this.

If you were on the receiving end of either of these offers would you accept?

Do you think I am offering too much for Jimenez?

Thanks in advance.

Who do you see as the next 4 guys most likely to be chosen after Eloy?

Comment

What I mean is who do you see as the top 5 players available?

Comment

Eloy has superstar written all over him...I don't think that you're offering enough. I own both guys, and I wouldn't trade Eloy no matter how sweet you made it, and I don't see what's essentially a trade of Happ for Eloy being enough to get it done.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          What I mean is who do you see as the top 5 players available?
          These are the next available, I included my Happ for perspective.

6 18 Lewis Brinson OF Mil -2 24
          28 30 Anderson Espinoza SP SD 1 29
          29 52 Corey Ray OF Mil 2 31
          32 172 Yadier Alvarez SP LAD 23 55

37 70 Ian Happ OF CHC -12 25
          42 161 Mickey Moniak OF Phi -1 41

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Eloy has superstar written all over him...I don't think that you're offering enough. I own both guys, and I wouldn't trade Eloy no matter how sweet you made it, and I don't see what's essentially a trade of Happ for Eloy being enough to get it done.
            Thanks for the input. I view this as Happ plus the 3rd overall pick for Eloy. And maybe that is not enough. Of course that is why I am asking for input.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              These are the next available, I included my Happ for perspective.

6 18 Lewis Brinson OF Mil -2 24
              28 30 Anderson Espinoza SP SD 1 29
              29 52 Corey Ray OF Mil 2 31
              32 172 Yadier Alvarez SP LAD 23 55

37 70 Ian Happ OF CHC -12 25
              42 161 Mickey Moniak OF Phi -1 41
              So its probably Happ plus Espinoza or Ray or Alvarez. Doubt very much he would bite on that. If Senzel and Brinson were 2 and 3 then he might think about it. You'll have to really pony up (read overpay) to get Eloy I'm afraid.

Comment

I'd make the Happ plus your first offer, but figure out if you're willing to pony up more. As others noted, I wouldn't take the offer either
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I sent him the offer of my 1st and 2nd round picks for his 1st and 4th round picks. He is reviewing and getting back to me by the weekend.

In his response to me inquired about my $20 and done Harper. I have a full 5 keeper outfield. There are no second basemen (and I do not have one) back in auction. He has a $19B Murphy. I am waiting for his response, but I might offer Harper and my 4th pick for Murphy and his 1 st. What do you think of this keeping in mind I am trying to win this year.

Comment

I sent him the offer of my 1st and 2nd round picks for his 1st and 4th round picks. He is reviewing and getting back to me by the weekend.

In his response to me inquired about my $20 and done Harper. I have a full 5 keeper outfield. There are no second basemen (and I do not have one) back in auction. He has a $19B Murphy. I am waiting for his response, but I might offer Harper and my 4th pick for Murphy and his 1 st. What do you think of this keeping in mind I am trying to win this year.
                    Keep in mind I am not an n.l.'er.

I looked up Harper, who is just 24 in 2017. He missed 15 games last season, without a dl, which tells me he had lots of little hurts (unless Washington is 'resting' a 23 year old).

Remembering Harper's non-best 2016 is better than murphy's best 2016 and Harper is on the rise of his production curve (age wise...and hard to forget Harper's best in 2015 was pretty awesome (papelbon strangulation aside)), and eloy played in low A (meaning he is several years away), this trade lower's your chance for a win in 2017.

Eloy looks like a future stud but right now, you probably have a top 2 or 3 stud hitter of the N.L. in your line up at a discount.

If this trade did happen, I actually see you having to trade Eloy mid season in order to close out a high cash finish...

Comment

Trying to win this year, I keep Harper.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I like that. I think Murphy and Harper are not THAT far apart if Harper is 20 and then done. Murphy and Eloy for Harper and Corey Ray? And then if you really want to win, Eloy gets you a haul at the deadline.

Comment

Thanks all for all the input.

He thought about but rejected my one and two for his one and four.

I ended up trading Harper, Tyler Anderson (who I was not keeping) plus my number one for His Murphy, Gio Gonzalez, and his number one overall pick. I plan on trying to flip Gio, but will not keep him either way.

The trade leaves me with an OF of Duval $4, Dahl $5, Pollack $21, and Schwarber $15 with an open spot to buy a bargain at auction. It fills my 2B spot (where there is no one in the auction to bid on) as well as saving me a whole buck. Murphy plus? should be greater than Harper plus dog doo.

I am excited to add Eloy to my team either for keeping or flipping if it means the title.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X