NL-Only Keeper List, Including Some Contract Extension Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-Only Keeper List, Including Some Contract Extension Decisions

The league: NL-Only, 4x4 (HR, RBI, BA, SB, ERA, W, S, K), 11 teams, 23 active players per team, $260 budget. I can keep as many as I want. I have a month to decide.

The guys in Year 2 of 3 are straight up keep-or-cut decisions.

The guys in Year 3 of 3 (marked as **) can also be extended at +$5 per 1 year extended. Example: If I extend Jaimeson Taillon, currently $10, for 2 additional years, his salary is $20 each year for the remainder of the contract.

So... keep, cut, or extend? Any additional thoughts you have are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Code:
    AJ Pollock       Arizona	$5	Year 2 of 3
    Michael Taylor 	 Washington	$2	Year 3 of 3 **
    Nolan Arenado	 Colorado	$36	Year 3 of 3 **
    Brandon Phillips Atlanta	$6	Year 3 of 3 **
    Zack Cozart	 Cincinnati	$1	Year 3 of 3 **
    Josh Harrison	 Pittsburgh	$19	Year 2 of 3
    Tucker Barnhart	 Cincinnati	$1	Year 2 of 3
    JP Crawford	 Philadelphia	$10	Year 3 of 3 **
    Tony Wolters	 Colorado	$5	Year 2 of 3		

Jaimeson Taillon Pittsburgh	  $10	Year 3 of 3 **
    Blake Treinen	 Washington       $10	Year 2 of 3
    Seung-Hwan Oh	 St Louis	  $10	Year 2 of 3
    Brandon Maurer	 San Diego	  $10	Year 2 of 3
    Neftali Feliz 	 Milwaukee	  $10	Year 2 of 3
    Brandon McCarthy Los Angeles      $5	Year 2 of 3
    Carter Capps	 San Diego	  $2	Year 2 of 3
    Jaime Garcia	 Atlanta	  $2	Year 3 of 3 **
    Shawn Kelley	 Washington       $1	Year 2 of 3
    Last edited by senorsheep; 02-14-2017, 12:45 AM.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

You have closers for 4 teams along with their next in line in some cases. Nice to have in 4 x 4 but maybe pa bit of overkill. I would definitely be looking to trade from strength and target some bats or SP.

My only extension would be Arenado; Taillon is tempting but I think better to keep his value under the current contract.

Keep - Pollock, Phillips, Cozart, Taillon, Oh, Maurer, Feliz, Capps, Kelley.....maybe one of McCarthy or Garcia after seeing how they look in ST. Garcia may surprise in Atlanta.

Comment

AJ Pollock Arizona $5 Year 2 of 3
      Nolan Arenado Colorado $36 Year 3 of 3 **
      JP Crawford Philadelphia $10 Year 3 of 3 **

Jaimeson Taillon Pittsburgh $10 Year 3 of 3 **
      Seung-Hwan Oh St Louis $10 Year 2 of 3
      Brandon Maurer San Diego $10 Year 2 of 3
      Neftali Feliz Milwaukee $10 Year 2 of 3
      Carter Capps San Diego $2 Year 2 of 3
      Shawn Kelley Washington $1 Year 2 of 3

no extensions
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Bumpity bump... anybody else?

I'm kinda surprised to see two "keep" votes for Capps.

Is Crawford even starting the season on the MLB squad? I can't find confirmation.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Keep - Pollock, Phillips, Arenado, Cozart, Taillon, Oh, Maurer, Feliz, Kelley, Garcia

No extensions.

I like Capps, but don't see how you can keep him with four closers
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Crawford is expected to begin the year in minors. He probably only comes up in first half if there is an injury. I dont see him as a big contributor in his early years in any event.

I'll double down on my suggestion to extend Arenado.

Comment

Working...
            X