Your 2017 Sleepers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Side note, I miss the increased PT thread.

J
    With revo's permission and editing skills, I'm going to take a swing at this in 2-3 weeks. It won't be as good as Ed did, but it'll at least be a platform for discussion.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Derek Fisher made his way up to AAA on a TTO approach w/SN speed and plus tools in the OF. Why did the Astros allow Aoki be there starting OF? Bc reports on Fisher are the Astros hit on another prospect in my book.
      I see Fisher being a S2 kid, but destroying the PCL in the meantime while his hype builds. 15Tm+ I'm throwing him on my bench at least through the spring because the Astros are all-in and maybe they will sacrifice the extra year for 2mo of Fisher.
      thoughts?

Comment

Despite the number of hitters the Astros have stacked up at all positions, especially the corners/catcher/DH, these things have a way of working themselves out. What are the odds that Aoki and Reddick are healthy all season?

Comment

Carter Capps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
            Carter Capps.
            Any chance of him closing during the second half this year? Or, do the Padres just let him build up arm strength as a middle reliever in 2017 and wait until 2018 to give him a more high stress late inning role?
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Any chance of him closing during the second half this year? Or, do the Padres just let him build up arm strength as a middle reliever in 2017 and wait until 2018 to give him a more high stress late inning role?
              It's possible, but he has to (1) get and stay healthy, and (2) have MLB not declare his motion illegal (he more or less jumps towards home plate).

Comment

re Page 1 here....

Nola for 12 in LABR NL only tonight

https://rtsports.com/labr-nl-auction

Jim Johnson for 9, though that league won't even pay $20 for Melancon so adjust accordingly
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I play in multiple yahoo leagues where holds are a category. Finding relievers who qualify as starters is valuable.

One under the radar guy for these leagues is Juan Nicasio. Out of the pen last year he struck out 13 per 9. He could develop into a dominant set up guy in 2017.
                  Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                    I play in multiple yahoo leagues where holds are a category. Finding relievers who qualify as starters is valuable.

One under the radar guy for these leagues is Juan Nicasio. Out of the pen last year he struck out 13 per 9. He could develop into a dominant set up guy in 2017.
                    is that 13K/9 based only on his relief appearances? He was a starter for most of the year.

Comment

75 Ks in 55 IP out of the pen
                      63 Ks in 62 IP as a starter
                      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Heard Theo on Sirius this morning and he says we all better not sleep on Jason Heyward. Says he's made swing adjustments, has been utterly crushing the ball, and should score a shit-ton of runs where they plan on hitting him, he'll run a lot, etc.. Now, this may just be a GM trying to talk himself off the ledge after giving a player eleventy bajillion dollars and watching him fall flat, but Theo also doesn't have to prove himself to anyone, anymore, so I'd take him at his word. Maybe not a sleeper, per se, but a post-hype kinda player...possibly...
                        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                        UTIL- Benintendi
                        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                        IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                          Heard Theo on Sirius this morning and he says we all better not sleep on Jason Heyward. Says he's made swing adjustments, has been utterly crushing the ball, and should score a shit-ton of runs where they plan on hitting him, he'll run a lot, etc.. Now, this may just be a GM trying to talk himself off the ledge after giving a player eleventy bajillion dollars and watching him fall flat, but Theo also doesn't have to prove himself to anyone, anymore, so I'd take him at his word. Maybe not a sleeper, per se, but a post-hype kinda player...possibly...
                          so you're saying there's a chance?
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                            I don't think I can get on that train again, unless he's super, super cheap. Amazing that he's still only 27, turning 28 this summer, so maybe he's young enough to hit his stride. Aw crap, I'm totally going to talk myself into this again.

Comment

I thought I read a day or so ago that he was 0 for 12 with his new swing. That doesn't sound like crushing it unless everything is smashed right at someone.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                                I thought I read a day or so ago that he was 0 for 12 with his new swing. That doesn't sound like crushing it unless everything is smashed right at someone.
                                He hit a HR yesterday and drove in three.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X