AL Trade Offer 12 Team 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Trade Offer 12 Team 4x4

Currently in 4th and based on preseason HQ projections and my category goals I am a light on speed and wins.

I have been offered the following: CJ Wilson $10 s1, Podsednik $3 s2 and A Romine $5 (minors) for Arencibia $5 s2, J Weeks $5 (minors) and someone like M Tolbert/L Hernandez/L Valbuena.

I originally asked for him to include Banuelos $5 instead of Romine.

My current roster (30+% inflation typically, I will note prices of potential keepers):
    C V Mart
    C Arencibia $5 s2
    1B Kotchman
    2B A Kennedy
    SS Brignac $5 s1
    3B Beltre $28 s1
    IF C Davis $10 s2
    OF Ichiro $40 s1, Hunter $23 s2, Granderson $28 s2, Brantley $5 s1, R Sweeney $1 s2
    DH Encarnacion $14 s1
    U Posada

P B Anderson $14 L2, W Davis $5 s1, Romero, Floyd $9 s2, Fister, N Feliz $5 s1, R Soriano $12, Downs, A Russell

Bench Hitters: L Rodriquez, Tolbert, R Santiago, L Valbuenna,
    Bench Pitchers:M Talbot, J McGee $5 s2, JP Howell, A Cobb $3 s2
    Minors: M Montgomery $5, M Perez, N Franklin $5, J Orodizzi $5, Weeks $5, Derrick Robinson $1

Is it fair as is? Pods is eligible to come of DL, does he have a shot to help this year? Should I stay firm on Banuelos vs Romine?
    Last edited by schlesinj; 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM.

I checked BaseballHQ projections for the rest of the year and Arrencibia is valued at -1 for the rest of the year with a BA of 223 and 16 HRs, and Wilson is valued at 9 for the rest of the year with 11 more wins and ERA of 3.74 and whip of 1.37. You have a pretty solid pitching staff and Wilson will just help you more. I like Weeks, but I still like the deal for you.

Comment

I made the trade as Wilson pitches in Seatle today, so I did not want to miss it. Thanks.

Comment

I like the trade too, Pods should be back to get you some SB's.

Comment

Romine/Weeks are probably pretty close. Pods and the IF you're giving are probably close too (though I'd rather roll the dice on Pods)

So would I trade a $5 Arencibia for CJ? In a vacuum, probably. Given that you've also got Posada... definitely.

And if you got Banuelos that would be sweet but he might be the best player in the deal

Comment

Working...
          X