Dealin' - or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealin' - or not?

I expect to make a run in our AL only 5x5 with 12 teams. Have the chance to acquire a final year Nick Castellanos at $13. Would you give up either of Kelvin Herrera $10/year 2 or Mark Trumbo $22/year 2? Option year for both would be in 2018.

Trumbo is OF only, but supposedly will see more time at 1B this year. Would be nice if he qualifies, and he would see to have a floor of .245/35 HR (and upside of 50 HR).

We keep only 7 and I also have Edwin Diaz $11 (and Nate Jones $3). But it's always a struggle to flip closers for hitters, especially in the offseason.

In a 12 team AL only I am keeping an $11 Diaz, even with only 7 keepers.

I would not trade Trumbo for Castellanos. I would like to see the rest of your team first, but I am thinking I would trade Herrera (and I like him) for Castellanos.

Comment

Here it is. We keep 7.

Mookie Betts $18
      Tim Anderson $8
      J.D. Martinez $20 (must keep)
      Danny Salazar $5 (option or extend?)
      Edwin Diaz $11
      Kelvin Herrera $10
      Mark Trumbo $22
      Marcus Stroman $7 (option or extend?)
      Nate Jones $3

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Here it is. We keep 7.

Mookie Betts $18
        Tim Anderson $8
        J.D. Martinez $20 (must keep)
        Danny Salazar $5 (option or extend?)
        Edwin Diaz $11
        Kelvin Herrera $10
        Mark Trumbo $22
        Marcus Stroman $7 (option or extend?)
        Nate Jones $3
        If it were my team and no trades were involved Sroman would be my first cut and then Jones. That leaves 7. I would be happy to go into the auction with those 7.

So now if I make the Herrera deal I still have 7 and would like to find a way to keep Jones. I wonder what Trumbo and Sroman in a two for one would get me?

Comment

Interesting. Why Salazar over Stroman? I have been leaning the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Interesting. Why Salazar over Stroman? I have been leaning the other way.
            Apologies if I'm butting in here. Salazar is being picked about 30 spots ahead of Stroman in overall ADP. One big reason is the K rate, Salazar has never had a K/9 below 9.4 and he was at 10.5 last year. On the other hand Stroman's has never been above the 7.6 in his rookie year and last year he was down to 7.3.

That's not to say Stroman is a bad choice, the lower walk rates and HR rates are in his favor.

But on the whole they project to be pretty similar in fantasy stats outside of Salazar's dramatic lead in Ks - both had around a 3.7 FIP, both guys should have a decent defense behind them, so I'd expect 10-12 wins each, and both guys have a WHIP around 1.2-1.25 on their career.

Plus you have him for $2 cheaper.

I guess one knock on Salazar is the health, but he looked damn good in game 6, although it was just 2 innings.

I'd take Salazar here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Apologies if I'm butting in here. Salazar is being picked about 30 spots ahead of Stroman in overall ADP. One big reason is the K rate, Salazar has never had a K/9 below 9.4 and he was at 10.5 last year. On the other hand Stroman's has never been above the 7.6 in his rookie year and last year he was down to 7.3.

That's not to say Stroman is a bad choice, the lower walk rates and HR rates are in his favor.

But on the whole they project to be pretty similar in fantasy stats outside of Salazar's dramatic lead in Ks - both had around a 3.7 FIP, both guys should have a decent defense behind them, so I'd expect 10-12 wins each, and both guys have a WHIP around 1.2-1.25 on their career.

Plus you have him for $2 cheaper.

I guess one knock on Salazar is the health, but he looked damn good in game 6, although it was just 2 innings.

I'd take Salazar here.
              Yep. And I would add that I am not a believer that there is much more upside to Stroman whereas a healthy Salazar can better projections.

Comment

There is no way I would trade Herrera for Castellanos in an only, particularly not for a less favorable contract.
                (And I'm own them both in an AL only!)
                (And I live in Detroit!!)
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Working...
                X