Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Countdown

Who would you keep of the following....

16 team points league, top players go into the 60s in the auction. No CI/MI positions, 3 OFs using RF/CF/LF, and 5 SP/2 RP. The difficult factor is we can keep a max of $100 of salary.

Definites:
    Javier Baez - 5
    Machado - 31
    Benitendi - 1
    Hanley - 11
    Carrasco - 15
    Pineda - 5
    B Rodgers - 1
    Robles - 1

(if all of these are kept, that's $70)

Maybes:
    S Marte - 25
    Nola - 10
    Odorizzi - 20
    Hader - 1
    F Marte - 1

Without knowing how deep your rosters go (since Robles & Rogers are more like 2019) I'd say Marte should definitely be protected to make that 95. Nola is damages goods so pass on that. If very deep benches then perhaps Marte & Hader but prefer in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      Without knowing how deep your rosters go (since Robles & Rogers are more like 2019) I'd say Marte should definitely be protected to make that 95. Nola is damages goods so pass on that. If very deep benches then perhaps Marte & Hader but prefer in that order.
      We get 9 reserves.

Comment

Surprised Marte isn't a definite at $25, he would be for me.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
          We get 9 reserves.
          That isn't many. You'd know better but seems challenging to throw away 2 reserve spots for guys who have basically zero chance to help in 2017. With that few reserves, I'd toss back Hader and Martes. Agree with DMT that Marte should be a no-brainer.

Comment

I think that I'd definitely keep Robles...Marte as well. Keep Martes over Hader...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks guys. Marte it is, and then maybe the $1 guys.

Comment

Thanks guys. Marte it is, and then maybe the $1 guys.
                I'm pretty sure that Martes is going to be up this year, if he's as good as he was last year. With McCullers and Keuchel both iffy health-wise, I'm guessing that he'll get the call before too long. Even if they sty healthy, the rest of that Astros starting staff just isn't that good...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Keep Marte.

Toss Nola (exciting potential if it weren't for injury - too risky).

Keep Martes (I'm assuming F Marte is F. Martes of Houston; "growth stock" in a keeper league; young arm, so you never know what will happen - possibly use as a trade bait).

Is there any possibility of trading Odorizzi (maybe package him with Martes)?

Hader for a buck? Why not.
                  "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                  "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                  WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                  PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that Martes is going to be up this year, if he's as good as he was last year. With McCullers and Keuchel both iffy health-wise, I'm guessing that he'll get the call before too long. Even if they sty healthy, the rest of that Astros starting staff just isn't that good...

Congratulations on 7,000!

Comment

Congratulations on 7,000!
                      LOL...oh, there are LOTS more than that. My post totals never migrated over here to the "new" site.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X