Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Keeper Trade

12 teams, 5x5. Would you rather have:

Kluber @ $27 for 2017 (add $5 a year for each year he is kept)

or one of

Mazara $8

Aaron Sanchez $6

McCullers $14

Alex Cobb $10

I have Kluber, but will already be keeping a $36 Betts (I think) so I am thinking to flip Kluber for a cheaper player.

What other pitchers are back in the Auction for you to buy?

How much is Sale?

Comment

In AL Only, I think you'd do well to move $27 Kluber needing extension for cheaper guys with slightly lower ceilings.

Aaron Sanchez $6 looks good to me, although his recent move to be represented by Scott Boras puts him on a limited long-term timeline with the Jays. Maybe 1.5-2 more years in Toronto before they move on as part of their rebuild, but I could also see them moving him next offseason for a prospect package. Regardless, that's all a long way off, but 2017 looks enough stat-wise to take the leap, IMO.

Mazara $8 looks great as well. Not sure whether I prefer Mazara or Sanchez, but with both having cheaper contracts with an extra year before extension time, I much prefer either option. Given that Sanchez is more fully realized than Mazara, and $2 cheaper, I'd go with Sanchez, but it's super close for me, and I'd need to do more research before deciding.

McCullers $14 also has high upside, but the health record scares me from investing too heavily. I prefer the lower ceiling and better health (and $8 cheaper contract) that A. Sanchez offers in this case.

Cobb $10 is a clear trade candidate for TB this year to clear the way for Snell, Honeywell, and others. Also given his health, strong pass.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Yeah, I'd say I like Sanchez and Mazara more (though I'd be worried about ending up with no aces if I traded Kluber for a bat) and McCullers and Cobb a lot less at those prices.

Comment

Thanks all. I should clarify that the $5 per year applies to all players, so this year Kluber is 27 if you keep him next year he is 32. Mazara is 8 this year to keep him next year he is 13.

Sale went for $33 last year, Price went for 28.

My Keepers (we keep 6) are shaping up to be:
          Betts $36
          T. Anderson $3
          E. Diaz $7
          C. Rodon $9

And then the final 2 come down to Kluber 27, Stroman 11, Madson 7, Street 7, Servino 6, N. Jones 6

Perhaps I see if I can get both Sanchez and Maraza

Comment

It looks to me based on salaries that your league does not value pitching as much as hitting. I would try to find out if the owners of Sale and Price are keeping them. If yes I keep Kluber. If no I make the trade.

Sanchez and Mazara are the only two that I would trade Kluber for on your list.

I would have no problem keeping Betts and Kluber at their salaries in a league with only 6 keepers.

Comment

I agree. I'd keep Klubes. The only way I'd do it is (maybe) Sanchez and Mazarra.
              I'd keep Jones too.
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Unless there will be no aces available at auction, I'd swap Kluber for Sanchez. Not quite sold on Mazara yet.

Comment

Working...
                X