No announcement yet.

Joined new NL league, weird $$ league, how would you play it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off season trades are allowed and seem to be free, with requirement of posting your stars on trading block for 3 days before moving them.
    * means up for extension. play out 2017 at that salary, or add 5 per year added

1b a duvall 5*
    2b s gennett 11
    3b b drury 1
    ss j reyes 12
    of k broxton 13
    of odub herrera 13*
    of m margot farm, 0 if he does not start on active, otherwise 5

p c bettis 5
    p a conley 10
    p j hellickson 8
    p j lester 20
    p h neris 5

those are my probable keeps. also have a mccutchen 39 who is i think too pricey, and t flowers 10, stephen drew 1, c bethancourt 1

Comment

I dont see Conley at 10 being a keeper. I probably wouldnt keep Hellickson at 8 either.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

That's not a terrible list, but it's lacking that one great keeper. I'm also dubious of Hellickson and Conley, and I really have trouble with keeping a COL pitcher that you can probably get for less on draft day, because, even at this depth, NO ONE wants to go full value on a pitcher at that altitude.

Comment

additional info, 2 catcher league. maybe keep 1 of the 2 c i have in non keeps in lieu of 1 of the pitchers.

Comment

Gennett goes back too. 11 is too much considering he'll be losing playing time.

Arcia at SS, Villar to 2b, & Shaw at 3b.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
              Gennett goes back too. 11 is too much considering he'll be losing playing time.

Arcia at SS, Villar to 2b, & Shaw at 3b.
              Beat me to it. And not only that, Hernan Perez is the first option if any of those three get hurt. And Gennett can't play SS and has no experience at 3B.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As an update, I have been right and properly trounced in my 1st year. I am in 8th, and will finish somewhere in 7th to 9th. Activity has been sustained and impressive by participants to a shocking degree. I have played in at least 1 league since 1989, in my younger more ambitious days sometimes 4 or 5 leagues, and I have never been in such a sustained active league where every week there is competitive bidding on fa bidding with no let up from anyone. S Gennett looks like he came through ok, eh? I did a bit of a rebuild and secured a cheap Y Puig, and long signed reasonable K Bryant among other moves for next year.

My question, and maybe I should post new thread, is regarding original rules, as put forth by Glen Wagoneer in the ancient days before cell phone in 1980s. This league uses something called september expansion, where contenders have option of going 5 extra players, from 23 active to 28 active, for $15 extra per player. It is for contenders, as those players will have next year salary of $25, so no one will be keepable. Has anyone recollection of this in original rules, and does anyone use this in their league?

Comment

My main dollar league, which is a.l. only, allows up to two extra september players at a cost of $50 each.

Comment

Working...
                  X