How will this team do this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will this team do this year?

12 Team Dynasty league - start 13 position players, 9 pitchers, 3 must be SP. No draft, we can carry minor league players and can sign anyone in the world at any time as long as they aren't on another team, 5x5 weekly (example of a weekly result would be 7 - 3 win, which translates to winning 7 categories to 3 categories), categories played for each week are (runs, HRs, RBIs, SBs, AVG), and (Wins, Ks, saves, ERA, WHIP). Non-playoff teams can carry 38 off-season but must be at 36 in-season. playoff teams from the previous year cannot carry more than 34 at anytime.

How does this team look for 2017 and what should I do to improve it?

C Gary Sanchez C | NYY

1B Anthony Rizzo 1B | CHC

2B Dustin Pedroia 2B | BOS

3B Hernan Perez 3B,OF | MIL

SS Dansby Swanson SS | ATL

MI Rougned Odor 2B | TEX

CI Yulieski Gurriel 3B | HOU

OF David Dahl OF | COL

OF Andrew McCutchen OF | PIT

OF Joc Pederson OF | LAD

OF Mike Trout OF | LAA

DH Trea Turner 2B,OF | WAS

DH Neil Walker 2B | NYM

RESERVES
    2B Ozzie Albies 2B | ATL

3B Nick Senzel 3B | CIN

SS Kevin Maitan SS | ATL

OF Vladimir Guerrero OF,3B | TOR

OF Jeren Kendell OF | LAA

OF Corey Ray OF | MIL

OF Victor Robles OF | WAS

OF Kyle Tucker OF | HOU

DH Mickey Moniak OF | PHI

PITCHERS

SP Gerrit Cole SP | PIT

SP Yu Darvish SP | TEX

SP Felix Hernandez SP | SEA

SP Sean Manaea SP | OAK

SP David Price SP | BOS

SP Jameson Taillon SP | PIT

SP Julio Urias SP | LAD

SP Vince Velasquez SP | PHI

RP Seung Hwan Oh RP | STL

RESERVES
    SP Jason Groome SP | BOS

SP Adrian Morejon SP | SD

SP A.J. Puk SP | OAK

SP Blake Snell SP | TB

SP Luke Weaver SP | STL

RP Dellin Betances RP | NYY

RP Carter Capps RP | SD
    Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 02-07-2017, 07:33 AM.

Impossible to say how it will do without knowing the number of teams. I would assume it has to be small (12 or less), because this team is clearly dominant in any bigger league.

I also hope it is well established and will last for a while---I love Maitan, but he's probably 5 years away, at least.

Comment

Yeah, knowing the number of teams is important.

Otherwise:
      - you don't seem to have a bench, but not sure if that is by design or rule
      - you only have one closer

Comment

Great team but not sold on Hernan Perez..hopefully Gurriel has a decent year until Senzel is ready.

Comment

With the rest of his hitting, which is great on everything, but light on steals, Perez makes sense there as an iffy guy.

Comment

12 team league, been in existence since 2005. I didn't make the playoffs last year, first time ever I believe. I can't remember if I made the playoffs the first year of the league. I've won 3 titles since league inception, but none since 2013.
            Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 02-07-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Per your hitting...too much dynasty, too little depth. I'd be trading a couple of those minors for a quality bench piece or two. One starting lineup injury, and you're playing with a black hole. You could use speed, too.

Pitching for a 12-team is pretty weak. Cole and Price should rebound some, but I fear Felix is toast. You're weak in WHIP and saves.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Per your hitting...too much dynasty, too little depth. I'd be trading a couple of those minors for a quality bench piece or two. One starting lineup injury, and you're playing with a black hole. You could use speed, too.

Pitching for a 12-team is pretty weak. Cole and Price should rebound some, but I fear Felix is toast. You're weak in WHIP and saves.
                yep, that pretty well sums it up. As for the lack of depth, I prefer to gamble that I won't have many injuries, but yes, I should probably make a trade or two. I'm OK with punting saves, but I think Carter Capps will be back in the ninth very soon and I'll have two closers. As for speed, maybe Trea Turner will steal 100, LOL. You're right about my pitching, but I like Darvish this year and I don't think Felix is toast just yet. Urias is a future stud and perhaps as soon as this year, but they will probably curtail his innings for one more year. Velasquez has a lot of upside and so does Snell.
                Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 02-07-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                  yep, that pretty well sums it up. As for the lack of depth, I prefer to gamble that I won't have many injuries, but yes, I should probably make a trade or two. I'm OK with punting saves, but I think Carter Capps will be back in the ninth very soon and I'll have two closers. As for speed, maybe Trea Turner will steal 100, LOL. You're right about my pitching, but I like Darvish this year and I don't think Felix is toast just yet. Urias is a future stud and perhaps as soon as this year, but they will probably curtail his innings for one more year. Velasquez has a lot of upside and so does Snell.
                  In the longer term, I agree with your pitching assessment. This year...will likely be tough.

Don't know how frequent trading is in your league, but I'd take a shot at Felix and a minor leaguer for a decent bat. You can back fill Felix with little damage, but his name still might carry some trade value.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    In the longer term, I agree with your pitching assessment. This year...will likely be tough.

Don't know how frequent trading is in your league, but I'd take a shot at Felix and a minor leaguer for a decent bat. You can back fill Felix with little damage, but his name still might carry some trade value.
                    Yep, completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yep, completely agree.
                      Not so sure getting another bat at the expense of pitching is such a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                        Not so sure getting another bat at the expense of pitching is such a good idea.
                        Given your pitching, I doubt you'd lose much. Let's assume you're right, and Capps is the closer in the second half. That leaves you half a season where you can mix and match Felix's spot with Snell, Weaver, or Betances.

Or in a worst case, you might have to do that for a whole season and deal for a SP later.

Comment

Working...
                        X