Tinkering with my 5x5 NL only team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinkering with my 5x5 NL only team.

Just sharing some fantasy stuff and looking for thoughts.

NL only 5x5 ultra keeper, 12 teams $260 budget, up to 15 keeps.

1B-Chris Carter $18A- will most likely lose but keep if in NL

3B-Jung Ho Kang-$14B- Will not give raise but might keep if suspension is less than 50 games

SS-Jonathan Villar-$15A-keep

OF-David Dahl-$5A-keep

OF-Adam Duval-$4A-keep

OF- Bryce Harper-$20 and done-Keep

OF-A.J. Pollock-$21A-keep

OF-Kyle Schwarber-$15 B- will give raise to $20

UT-Stephan Piscotty-$10B- keep no raise done after this year.

P-Madison Bumgarner-$32B-keep no raise

P-Tanner Roark-$4B- keep no raise

P-Julio Urias-$15A-keep

P-Jeurys Familia-$6Y-keep and done

P-Fernando Rodney-$10 A-keep

P-Kyle Barraclough-$2A- keep. Like three stats (100k's) for 2 bucks

P- Aaron Nola-$15B- need to keep and play out or drop and rebid on fence not much pitching back in auction

P- Tyler Anderson-$5 and done- probably not.

Assuming Carter loss and Anderson cut. It leaves me with 15 keeps spending $193 bucks or $67 for 8 slots.

I have offered Piscotty to the Franco $15B (play out or sign for 1 year) owner and am waiting to hear back. That would take me to $57 for 8 slots.

I really like Nola moving forward. I am strongly considering dropping him and rebidding him for the nice new contract.

In the event that the Franco owner does not take the offer, I am considering offering Piscotty for a $45 and done Kershaw (owner has salary issues). If I cut Nola ,Anderson and lose Carter trading Piscotty for Kershaw I would still have $47 for 8 slots.

Any thoughts on any of this are welcome and appreciated. Just talkin a bit of fantasy baseball.

Can't justify keeping Carter at $18, and I'm one of his biggest fans. I also let Nola walk myself as I'm not sold on the arm holding up

Comment

FWIW

I'm a Nola owner in a deep NL-only league for $5 .... and wouldn't pay a dollar more. He's in his option year, and I won't extend him.
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Thank you both for your thoughts.

The other owner accepted the Piscotty for Franco offer. This will open up my UT spot which is good for the Auction.

If I drop Carter and Nola I will have 72 units for 9 spots. If I can trade Franco for Kershaw I will have 47 units for the 9 spots. Which roster would you rather go into the auction with; Franco and 72 or Kershaw and 47?

Comment

Hey Gregg....Kershaw must be a steal for 25 units; why would the Kershaw owner move him for anything less than a haul?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Hey Gregg....Kershaw must be a steal for 25 units; why would the Kershaw owner move him for anything less than a haul?
            Kershaw is $45 and done. He has salary issues. The 25 units is based on the difference between my $20 (two years) Franco and Kershaw's 45. Not sure he would do it. Not sure I will offer. That is why I have you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              If I drop Carter and Nola I will have 72 units for 9 spots. If I can trade Franco for Kershaw I will have 47 units for the 9 spots. Which roster would you rather go into the auction with; Franco and 72 or Kershaw and 47?
              A roster with both Kershaw AND Bumgarner? Oh my!!!

However, what kind of power would you be able to pick up at auction with only $47? You've got a nice base of power, but it'd be nice to see a little more thump.

Another way of thinking about it is Kershaw worth $25 more than Franco (the difference in frozen salary)?

With Kershaw and Bum in your line-up you could afford to shop at the "bargain basement" towards the end of the auction.

I tend to err on the side of having a little more money at the auction - it makes me a little uneasy to have that little money. If you do it you'll need to be cautious with your purchases and looking to pounce on potential profit players in the mid portion of the auction.

It's a nice problem to have.
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Not sure he would do it. Not sure I will offer. That is why I have you guys!
                I'd ask ... see what he says and where the talks would lead if he's open to trading Kershaw.

Comment

I would not give Schwarber a raise (not that proven, really, and had health issue).

I would trade Urias (he won't earn $15 due to IP, but someone will overpay).

I would cut Nola yesterday (cut at 5-O in my league in December. I'd have watched him in spring training for that price, but I wouldn't even pay $15 in the auction).
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

As usual I agree 100% with judge Jude. And yes I would do the Kershaw deal if you can.

Comment

Get Kershaw, dump Nola, keep Schwarber at 15. I'd have to get good value to deal him, but someone might just be willing to overpay for Urias, so I'd ask around. Agree on cutting Anderson. Carter's a little above value, but I'd keep him if he's in the NL. Though that, if my math is right, would drop you to $29 for 7 with that keeper list...but, dang, with some good bargain basement buys, that looks like a team with winning potential.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thank you all! I love hearing/reading the thoughts of all regarding this team.

Cutting Nola is now a slam dunk.

Comment

Hmm...maybe a way to keep the Franco power and get good value for Urias is to trade him for Kershaw? The thought of that makes my hands sweat.

Comment

Hmm...maybe a way to keep the Franco power and get good value for Urias is to trade him for Kershaw? The thought of that makes my hands sweat.
                            IMO, that's ideal if you can make it happen.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Why not offer him the combo of Urias and Nola? I remember a thread on this site earlier this winter where someone posted that a magazine had both pitchers ranked fairly high. You've decided to cut Nola ... "sweeten" the pot with a two-for-one prop with lower salaries (IIRC you said the Kershaw owner had salary issues).

Comment

Working...
                              X