Keeper Help AL only 10 teams standard 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help AL only 10 teams standard 5x5

This team tanked in the end and I ended up 9th so there is a lot of work to do. My pitching was beyond hideous! I can keep up to 15. Luckily the league counts minor league games for position eligibility so Alex Bregman qualifies at SS.

C Evan Gattis $5 yes
    C Brian McCann $16 No
    OF Mark Trumbo $22 Yes
    2B Johnny Giavotella $1 No
    SS Alex Bregman $5
    3B Yulieski Gurriel $5 Yes
    3B Kyle Seager $26 I like but the is price high
    3B/OFJose Ramirez $2 Contract extension? Take to $7 I think
    MI Nick Franklin $5 No
    CI Cheslor Cuthbert $10 No
    OF Mookie Betts $15 under contract Yes
    OF Khris Davis $22 Yes
    OF Mitch Moreland $10 No
    OF George Springer $15 under contract Yes
    U Jose Bautista $37 No
    U Byung Ho Park $5 No

Dylan Bundy $5 On the fence
    Mike Fiers $7 No
    Kevin Gausman $7 yes I think he has turned the corner
    Sean Manaea $5 Yes
    Daniel Norris $1 Yes
    Carlos Rodon $5 contract time extension or keep at 5 I think he is a year away from being a solid SP
    Hector Santiago $10 No
    Nathan Karns $3 No

The immediate problem I see is I have too many 3B and OF. 3B only are Seager & Gurriel. Ramirez, Springer, Davis, Betts are OF. Leaving Trumbo as OF/DH and thus 5 OF spots are taken. I could not even bid or throw an OF out. I really wish one of those guys played 1B. Maybe I could move one of them for a really good SP/Closer?

I need SP but look to have 4/5 SP keepers but none are an Ace if I keep those 5 I have to get an Ace and a second tier guy and then 2 closers. That sounds very expensive.

TIA. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

I would throw Seager back. He doesn't represent much profit at that price, and you don't want to go into the auction with 3B/OF jammed for the reason you stated.

Trading for a cheap closer would be a good idea, too.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

You do don't have a "yes" next to Bregman, but I'm assuming he's in. No extension on Rondon, IMO. Definitely extend Jose Ramirez a year. I'd not even argue with two.

I'd keep Bundy. Agree with Virgo to toss Seager. He's right at value, and that fixes your 3B/OF dilemma.

That roster would have 5 SP at $23. You can spend some coin on an ace and two closers. You can spend some more coin on a 1B banger and some wheels.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What do you think Rodon goes for if he is back in the auction? If he is 10 or under does it make sense to throw him back and get that new contract?

How does you league value closers? What are some of the prices? Seager for a good closer would help you.

I would give Jose a year not two. Take the profit. If he gets hurt it doesn't hurt you too much. The extra year makes him an attractive trade chip as well as expands his value to re-builders or contenders depending on how your season goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          What do you think Rodon goes for if he is back in the auction? If he is 10 or under does it make sense to throw him back and get that new contract?

How does you league value closers? What are some of the prices? Seager for a good closer would help you.

I would give Jose a year not two. Take the profit. If he gets hurt it doesn't hurt you too much. The extra year makes him an attractive trade chip as well as expands his value to re-builders or contenders depending on how your season goes.
          I know one owner really likes Rodon so I think he will go for at least $10. This league tends to favor/chase young guys with talent.

The league tends to pay for closers. Last year the purchased closers were: Kimbrel 27, Robertson 26, Giles 24, Street 22, Chapman 21 (with the trade talk), F-Rod 20 and Cishek 18, Boxberger 13.
          The kept closers were: Perkins 13, Allen 15, A. Miller 20, Britton 15, and Osuna 10. Colome was 1 and Diaz was later picked up for 20
          So I think an upper tier closer will cost me at least 20.

Comment

I did manage to trade Mitch Moreland$10 for Brandon Kintzler. It is a very minor trade and while I am not that found of Kintzler, it gives me an option for saves for a guy in Moreland that due to a logjam I would have had a hard time keeping. I am still on the lookout for SP and another closer. I have had no interest in Seager. I have had nibbles on Rodon and Bundy.
            Last edited by Vecmizer; 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Kintzler's contract?
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                Kintzler's contract?
                Kintzler is $10 (2nd year) Moreland is $10 (option yr.)

Comment

Is Khris Davis and 4 dollars really better than Seager? I'm not sure.

I would not keep Kintzler at 10, the Twins aren't great, he's not that greaet, and they want to work Perkins back into that role if they can.

I extend Rodon a year. I think this is his breakout.

I'd extend Ramirez but only a year.

Comment

Working...
                  X