Looking for a 2nd Tier AL Prospect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 2nd Tier AL Prospect

Hi all in an AL only minor league draft and most high profile prospects are taken. I already have John Lamb and Jacob Turner. I am currently in 3rd place so I am trying to compete this year. With my last pick instead of taking another high upside player that could be a few years away like a Miguel Sano or Gary Sanchez I think I might go with a much lower profile player that could help me later this year. Trick is he can't have any MLB service time so guys like Chris Carter are off the table.

Is this a good idea and if so does anyone have any thoughts on players that should get called up this year and do not have service time? Scoring is standard 5x5.

Some names I am looking at Andy Dirks, Johnny Giavotella, Ryan Adams.

Brandon Guyer (TB) fits that bill as I think he is up in the 2nd half

Comment

Thanks I will keep an eye on him.

Comment

Presuming that you can trade prospects for major league players that can help you this year, I'd grab Miguel Sano or Gary Sanchez.

Comment

How about Danny Duffy? Too obvious? He's really only come on recently.

Comment

Good point Ryno, but I figure with the two minor leaguers I have that should give me some trading leverage, but another would not hurt.

Duffy is already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Brandon Guyer (TB) fits that bill as I think he is up in the 2nd half
              Got a wild guess on playing time? Didn't want to use a minor league spot on him so have him stashed at the end of my reserve bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                Got a wild guess on playing time? Didn't want to use a minor league spot on him so have him stashed at the end of my reserve bench.
                The Rays are in sore need of another RH bat in the outfield. they're not going to call Jennings up until well past Super Two so Guyer could come up at any time and start playing vs LHP

Comment

The Rays are in sore need of another RH bat in the outfield. they're not going to call Jennings up until well past Super Two so Guyer could come up at any time and start playing vs LHP
                  Good stuff, thanks. Due to some trades my bench is very thin, but it is a daily league (been rotating Sean Rod in vs. lefties) so I'd be fine doing the same with Guyer if Fuld continues to scuffle and Guyer gets the call.

Comment

Well, Guyer got the call up late last night and I expect him in the lineup tonight vs the LHP Britton.

Yay for him, but we had to push back the interview we're working on via email a few days

Comment

rotoworld speculates Guyer will be sent back down soon when a replacement for Niemann is needed.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        rotoworld speculates Guyer will be sent back down soon when a replacement for Niemann is needed.
                        A replacement isn't needed for Niemann until next Saturday. They could also easily DFA either Dan or Elliot Johnson and Sonnanstine also could be optioned. The club has sorely needed another RH bat so I don't see this as a temporary call-up

Comment

A replacement isn't needed for Niemann until next Saturday. They could also easily DFA either Dan or Elliot Johnson and Sonnanstine also could be optioned. The club has sorely needed another RH bat so I don't see this as a temporary call-up
                          any chance he plays his way into a more full time role? His arrival and batting RH seem like a roadblock to Jennings getting the call in a month.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            any chance he plays his way into a more full time role? His arrival and batting RH seem like a roadblock to Jennings getting the call in a month.
                            Doubtful, unless the club decides to move Damon to 1B which would free up more ABs. Kotchman will fall quickly and Dan Johnson is doing nothing - one has to go.

Comment

damon can not play first. Yankees tried him there. it was a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X