Clear All

• Mixed team minors

I just inherited a mixed league team with this minors roster:

Aledmyis Diaz - OF
    JP Crawford- SS
    DJ Peterson 3B
    Aaron Judge 1B
    Austin Meadows - OF

We will need to cut down to four or three minors slits by the end of next week.

Who would you cut first and second?

TIA
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Diaz is in the majors, if that helps.

I'd cut Peterson, and then Judge...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Peterson is an easy cut. Can you put JPC or Diaz on your major league roster and keep them for 5 bucks or something?

Comment

I need to go back on Diaz. He's listed as an OF, so someone either has him at the wrong position or I have the wrong Diaz.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Diaz is in the majors, if that helps.

I'd cut Peterson, and then Judge...
          I agree on Peterson first. Why judge rather than Meadows as the 2nd cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I agree on Peterson first. Why judge rather than Meadows as the 2nd cut.
            I think that Meadows has a far greater skill set, but not the opportunity at this time. I think that there's a whole lot of swing and miss in Judge's game that will really be exploited in the bigs.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

agree on Peterson, but in addition I don't have much confidence that Crawford is worth a spot when there are so many better players available

Comment

I think that Meadows has a far greater skill set, but not the opportunity at this time. I think that there's a whole lot of swing and miss in Judge's game that will really be exploited in the bigs.
                Agree 100% - no reason to write the same thing. Every now and then, Steve is a smart man

Comment

Another in agreement with dropping Judge over Meadows.

I saw Peterson play last year in AAA - he did nothing to make me think that he's going to be a MLB regular.
                  "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                  "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                  WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                  PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                  X