• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribe bandwagon

WHO ON WITH ME!!!!!unk:

Originally posted by hacko View Post
    WHO ON WITH ME!!!!!unk:
    Well since I've been riding on this wagon since the early 70's.....hell yeah, I'm on!

Comment

they could go .500 from here on out and be a lock for the playoffs. 94 wins = playoffs in the AL since the wildcard was implemented.

Comment

The division is weak enough that they could sneak into the playoffs and once there anything can happen.

Maybe they'll get a chance to once again lose to the Marlins in the World Series, just like the Yankees once did, albeit the Indians put up more of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          they could go .500 from here on out and be a lock for the playoffs. 94 wins = playoffs in the AL since the wildcard was implemented.
          But if they go .500 from here on out, they would have 87 wins.

162 - 28 (the number of games they've played) = 134

134/2 (.500 ball) = 67

67 + 20 (the number of wins they currently have = 87
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I think the Indians are

1) Better than I thought they were before the season
            2) Fairly likely to make the playoffs
            3) Not one of the best three teams in the AL
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Before the season started I predicted 85 wins and my buddies here in Cleveland laughed at me.

I listened to a talk in February from a guy in the Indians front office, and I liked what I heard. I knew their defense was upgraded. Plus, a couple of hitters came on at the end of last year, as did some pitchers. Their relief staff was good last year, and they came back. Plus, Grady came back.

I like Brantley and Choo a lot. I'm beginning to believe in Laporta, given his clutch hitting so far. More importantly, I like the upbeat and thorough nature of Manny Acta, who seems like a big upgrade over the serious Eric Wedge, who swore his head off regularly. 162 games of his act got old.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                But if they go .500 from here on out, they would have 87 wins.

162 - 28 (the number of games they've played) = 134

134/2 (.500 ball) = 67

67 + 20 (the number of wins they currently have = 87
                I need to stop doing math in my head before breakfast. I saw 12 games over .500 and then just ran with it from there with 28 game left.

87 wins could win the WC this year the rate the league is going so far

Comment

I am driving the wagon!!! Have 90's fever again - stayed up and watched whole game w/A's last night in EST zone....they are fun to watch. Reminds me alot of '95 minus all the juicers and senior citizen pitching staff LOL

Comment

I was at Addams 3000th banging the drum in the bleachers, nobody accuse's that guy of being a bandwagon-er.

Addams Article

Not in that article, but in a tidbit column it mentioned he has missed I think around 70 some home games in those 37 years, mostly afternooner's when he couldn't get off work. A Ripken of fan's. I know he used too, but maybe not currently have to buy two tickets, one for him, and one for his drum to rest on. The Indian's really should give the guy free admission for life.

Comment

Working...
                    X