2k17: SunTrust Park (Atlanta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k17: SunTrust Park (Atlanta)

Haven't seen a lot of information about how the new Braves stadium will play.

Here are a couple of articles and some points.

It appears that SunTrust’s LF corner gives way to a bigger space more quickly than Turner Field, though until the 375′ mark is hit, that wall is noticeably lower: six feet.

I do anticipate players being able to ‘steal’ the cheap homer quite readily in that corner, perhaps even being able to leap up on top of the wall to attempt a catch. That will be interesting – and perhaps scary – to see.

The bigger change is in Right Field – up to a 15 feet shorter poke will be needed to homer with a noticeably smaller field area along the entire right side. However, that’s balanced by a sixteen foot high wall stretching from center field to the foul pole.

Will it be hitters or pitchers that benefit from the new dimensions and fence heights? General manager John Coppolella said in a recent Twitter Q&A that he believes hitters will fare slightly better, but there won’t be a huge difference from Turner Field.

Thanks for posting this. I love trying to take advantage of changing park affects in tweaking my projections. Here, it seems like there isn't much to tweak, and we may need to see it play out for a season to see how it affects everyone.

Comment

Ah shorter right field for Freddie Freeman I see.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Ah shorter right field for Freddie Freeman I see.
        You hit the nail on the head.

That has been analyzed in great detail already! http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/wil...ver-into-2017/

Comment

This actually sounds a LOT like PNC Park, though without the dreaded notch in LCF. Could be a tough-ish place for RH power, if the Braves had any. (Kemp, I guess?)

Comment

Working...
          X