Nola vs Urias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nola vs Urias

Who do you like better for 2017 Nola or Urias? It is a 5x5 NL only keeper. Both are the same price.

Sporting News has Urias 10th best starting pitcher (NL only) valued $12. Nola is #16 at $9.

Lindy's has Nola ranked one spot ahead of Urias as numbers 42 and 43 (mixed).

I like both Nola and Urias, but do not think they rate as high as SN has them. I also think there is no way they go for those prices even in a new start from scratch league (no inflation).

Comment

I am a little on edge about Nola this year due to his injury last year. I am hoping he returns to form, but I would have to see his spring training this year to really get a guage. As of now definitely Urias over Nola. Even if Nola is healthy I always rank Dodger pitchers higher than Philly pitcher just based on where they pitch for home games.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        I am a little on edge about Nola this year due to his injury last year. I am hoping he returns to form, but I would have to see his spring training this year to really get a guage. As of now definitely Urias over Nola. Even if Nola is healthy I always rank Dodger pitchers higher than Philly pitcher just based on where they pitch for home games.
        And to add to this cogent line of reasoning... Both are young and relatively unproven so there is the real possibility that they could implode, so I'll take the Dodger playing in Chavez Ravine. Better park, better team.

Comment

I like Urias a lot more. He's higher risk, but to add to the very good noted above, he has legit great stuff. Nola just doesn't have the upside.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

For 2017 it's pretty close. I give the edge to Urias with Nola being more of an injury risk. For 2018 and beyond i think Urias will be the better pitcher.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Nola would have been 5-O in our NL-only 12-team 5x5 - except his owner cut him last month.
              I was only mildly surprised.

Urias is liable to ride the MLB-AAA shuttle and not rack up too many IP. these phenoms are trade bait imo in a limited keep-years league.

I sold high on Giolito in 2015, and he was meh in 2016 and now is in AL. even if you can keep the stats, will he shine in 2017?

I can still see either guy having an excellent career, but how much value do you really get before their contracts run out?
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X