No announcement yet.

Francisco Liriano: 1st No Hitter of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I didn't watch until the end, but his control must've been awful with 6 walks and only 2 Ks. First career complete game too.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Good for him! His first complete game also. 6BB's though and over 120 pitches which is never good for an injury prone youngster but I'm glad he got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
        So much for buying low.
        I don't know about that. I had an offer where I got him and I'm no more inclined to take it right now than I was earlier today. He obviously just quelled the Slowey replacing him talk, but he I'm not ready to become president of his fanclub just yet. As no hitters go, that one didn't inspire a great deal of confidence that he is back to dominating.

Comment

Also the worst no-hitter of 2011!

Comment

Wow!

66K - 57B

That may be one of the worst no hitters EVER?

Comment

Originally posted by SenorSmoke View Post
              Wow!

66K - 57B

That may be one of the worst no hitters EVER?
              IIRC Jackson's no-hitter (last year?) featured even more walks.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

The worst no hitter ever? One writer's opinion

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

http://www.bloguin.com/theoutsidecor...ters-ever.html
                  Nice. Without reading that piece, I would've gone with Joe Cowley's 1986 anti-gem.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    AJ Burnett's 9 walk no hitter has to rank up there....
                    It's #4 on the list. I guess you didn't click on the link either.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

http://www.bloguin.com/theoutsidecor...ters-ever.html
                      Glad to see the Padres make 2 of the top 5! Even though they were the team getting no hit..

Comment

they all count as "no hitters" though....
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          they all count as "no hitters" though....
                          Right. I would think the ones that would suck would be if your team lost the game. Otherwise, a no-hitter is pretty cool.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Guy in my non-RJ league benched him this week in favor of Leake. No surprise he's in dead last by a significant margin.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Guy in my non-RJ league benched him this week in favor of Leake. No surprise he's in dead last by a significant margin.
                              Is benching Liriano with the way he had been pitching an indicator of a no-nothing bottom feeder? Given how horrid he was prior to the no hitter, I don't see the correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I don't know about that. I had an offer where I got him and I'm no more inclined to take it right now than I was earlier today. He obviously just quelled the Slowey replacing him talk, but he I'm not ready to become president of his fanclub just yet. As no hitters go, that one didn't inspire a great deal of confidence that he is back to dominating.
                                I think there is a big difference between the guy receiving Liriano and the guy giving him up. The owner who has Liriano was a believer in him when he obtained him and no one wants to sell low, but sometimes one can take advantage of another owner's frustration. Last night went a long way towards reassuring Liriano's current owners that they were right all along, whether that is actually correct or not.

If you were a doubter there is plenty of reason to still be a doubter, but if you were a Liriano owner searching for something to justify your faith, you just got it.
                                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Working...
                                X