2k17: Orlando Arcia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k17: Orlando Arcia

Damn, if the Brewers aren't fascinating to me. Last year's reclamation project Jonathan Villar spent most of his time at SS. Arcia was expected to come up early in the season and take over there, but he didn't make it until after the trade deadline and got in 216 uninspiring PAs. Villar is probably going to move the equally uninspiring Scooter Gennett to the bench and take over at 2B, but 3B (Travis Shaw) could also be a fit for him. Of course, if Shaw and Scooter and Hernan Perez and Villar all hit well, Arcia might be the one getting squeezed.

2016 (majors): 216 PA, 219/273/358, 4 HR, 8 SB, 21 R, 17 RBI, 6.9% walk rate, 21.8% K rate, .267 BABIP, 1.88 G/F, 10 doubles, 3 triples

For someone who is supposed to be sorta fast, Arcia running a .267 BABIP with all those grounders seems unlikely to happen again. The walk and K rates are better than someone who "sucked" and could also show better skills than expected. The extra base hits say there might actually be decent power in there somewhere, but the groundball rate makes me wonder.

Steamer has him at .246, 11 HR, 17 SB in 558 PAs.

I am thinking more like .265, 8 HR, 22 SB.

I agree with the fact Arcia might get squeezed and think he's very risky for 2017.

Comment

Risk is relative. There is a good upside there. Immediate reward, perhaps not so much.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
      X