*Official RJ Mock 1 Draft Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.15 Trevor Story, SS COL

Dammit. Dozier was the pick and almost made it to me. Not sure I fully buy into the 2016 Story but even 80% of that is worth this pick so what the hell....

Comment

2.16 Nelson Cruz OF Mariners
      3.01 Will Myers 1B Padres

1B is definitely a lot weaker this year than most years in the past. I love getting SBs from the 1bman.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Big Tymer up.

BuckyBuckner on deck.

DMT in the hole.
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

3.02 Ryan Braun, OF MIL

A lot of guys with equal value to me available right now (reminds me of why I prefer auctions...). Braun is getting old but gives me a high average bat with a likely shot of 15+SBs so fits the balanced approach I'm going after right now. Several other bats I probably prefer but not with the double digit steals I'm looking for nor the high BA. Still pairs well with the high ceiling pick of round 2.

Comment

3.03 George Springer OF HOU
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

DMT up! Madducks on deck!

Comment

3.04 Jake Arrieta P CHC

Homer pick but I think he'll be extra motivated in his final year before FA.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

3.05 A.J Pollock OF ARI

This guy was a popular 2nd round pick last year before breaking his elbow in spring training. Showed that the power and speed are still there in limited late season action.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fresno Bob up.

I'm on deck.

Hornsby in the hole.
                    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

3.06 Madison Bumgarner P SFG

Guess it was time to get a pitcher
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        3.06 Madison Bumgarner P SFG

Guess it was time to get a pitcher
                        gone at 1.15. search the thread pls.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

sorry guys, was on a plane, Carlos Gonzales OF Col
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

3.07 Robinson Cano, 2b, SEA

I hope I'm not being a homer - expect regression in traditional power numbers, but not 2015 numbers (injury plagued season).

Comment

3.08 Rougned Odor 2B, Texas

Still a baby, and he's a power/speed guy. He's not going to get 30 bags, but he'll get 15, he MIGHT get 30 homers though, again. Love this guy.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

3.09 Giancarlo Stanton, OF, MIA

I'll gladly take him here.

Comment

Working...
                                X