2017 Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Magazines

Picked up the Sporting News Fantasy Baseball magazine yesterday.

The Lindy mag was also on the stand, but I prefer the Sporting News.

Yes, I still like to have a magazine.

I used to love when I'd see the first pre-season magazine hit the newsstands.......now, I haven't bought one in over a decade!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking for both of them today. I too prefer Sporting News, but will buy both.

Seems early this year.

Comment

I don't really consider it a magazine, but I guess it hits every attribute needed to be called one, but I read Baseball Forecaster every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Thanks for the heads up. I will be looking for both of them today. I too prefer Sporting News, but will buy both.

Seems early this year.
          Seems like it is early for Sporting News. I think Lindy is always about this time.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I used to love when I'd see the first pre-season magazine hit the newsstands.......now, I haven't bought one in over a decade!
            I know the information will change. I just like having it in my hand. I can't really explain it or even justify it, I just like it.

Comment

I know the information will change. I just like having it in my hand. I can't really explain it or even justify it, I just like it.
              Yep. Plus I like to read it on my lunch breaks. It also makes good bathroom reading material.

Comment

I think the appeal of The Sporting News fantasy mag for me is that it immediately fills the long winter baseball void. Because initially i love reading it. But as soon as the other mags are out i don't want to look at it anymore.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Grabbed The Fantasy Baseball Guide at the local Walmart yesterday. Contributors include RotoJunkie's own Jason Collette along with Todd Zola, Paul Sporer, Ron Shandler and of course Rotoman. It has the most player profiles (1400+) and is the best fantasy baseball magazine every year IMHO.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

My normal place did not have either one. But I did find them at CVS. Bought them both.

Comment

Seems like it is early for Sporting News. I think Lindy is always about this time.
                      I remember when the Sporting News used to come out before Christmas.

Comment

MANY MAGS.jpg

I'm getting closer, but this could take awhile.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I miss the old Leviathon. Whatever happened to John Hunt? He was one of the greats.
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                            I miss the old Leviathon. Whatever happened to John Hunt? He was one of the greats.
                            John is still writing for newspapers, but not fantasy. He was recently inducted into both the FSWA and FSTA Hall of Fames so a few of us got to say hi.
                            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Seems early this year.
                              In my opinion Lindy's is better than the Sporting News this year. This would be the first time ever that this has happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X