Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL trade help. I have 24 hours to respond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL trade help. I have 24 hours to respond.

NL only 5x5 12 team $260 budget. Can keep up to 15 plus 3 rookie status players.

A rebuilding team has offered a $32b Bumgarner (play out or give raise at $5 per), AJ Pollock 21A, and Fernando Rodney 10A for Corey Seager 10A and Cody Bellinger 5 (when activated).

One of the things that makes this interesting is that the top 2 NL pitchers that will be available in the auction are Johnny Cueto then Carlos Martinez. All others will be kept.

My pitching staff has a Urias 15a, Famiia 7 and done, and Tanner Roark 4 (can play out or give raises at $5 per year, planing on 1 year maybe).

I do have Villar at 5A for ss.

I also have Duvall 4A, Dahl 5A, Harper 20 (done) and Piscotty 10B (play out or give a 1 year raise).

I also have Chris Carter 18A if he signs in the NL.

Any input is appreciated.

I probably wouldn't do it, but it's not an outrageous offer.

Rodney is nicely priced, if he closes, and I'm just not sure he will hold the job all season. Pollock is a nice get, but he is pretty risky given his injury history. Bumgarner is great, but at $32, there isn't much room for profit.

I'd probably try to spin the two-for-three into a one-for-two. I'd give Seager for Bumgarner/Pollock.

Comment

The Dane sums it up for me. It's a reasonable offer, but I'd want a better closer if I'm making a deal like that since you're all-in for this year from that point. If you have a lower level rookie prospect, might want to include him with Seager for Bumgarner/Pollock.

Chris Carter would look good in a Rockies uniform, no?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

No deal. Have to give to get, but the price is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          The Dane sums it up for me. It's a reasonable offer, but I'd want a better closer if I'm making a deal like that since you're all-in for this year from that point. If you have a lower level rookie prospect, might want to include him with Seager for Bumgarner/Pollock.

Chris Carter would look good in a Rockies uniform, no?
          Yes he would!

Comment

Thanks to all who have replied so far.

Anyone else care to chime in. I would really appreciate it.

Comment

I think I'd pass. Seager is just too good a chip. You can make that deal in season and have 40 bucks more to spend at auction.

Comment

I'd pass. I'm not dealing a $10 Seager for anything.

Comment

a $5 Seager fetched Goldschmidt 42 and Scherzer 39 last Memorial Day in our league.
                  I agree that I'd move him during the season instead - maybe for an overpriced Bumgarner and a superstud hitter...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thank you all.

Not to argue as I appreciate everyone's thoughts, my fear is that I do not want to use the $40 (and maybe plus) to spend on Johnny Cueto at auction.

He will be trading Bumgarner today. That is why I have the 24 hour deadline. I was thinking Bumgarner, Roark, Urias, Familia (expecting suspension), and Rodney make a pretty competitive pitching staff.

Then again I really do not want to give up a $10 Seager.

Comment

Working...
                    X