Rank these keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these keepers

14 team mixed points league with a $400 budget (a simple shorthand for this cap and our big inflation is to multiple typical $260 league values x 1.5 for lower end guys and x 2 for higher end talent, with extra money always going to top tier talent and sleepers capable of breaking into the top tier). Our points system is a point per base, run, and rbi for hitters, except we get 2 pts per steal, basically. Pitcher rankings align well with roto, except Ks are worth more for us, and wins are devalued.

We keep 15 major leaguers and 20 minor leaguers. I don't want to overwhelm folks with a long list, but I think I have 10 good value guys for my final 5 major league spots. I'd appreciate folks feedback on which 5 of these they would keep and why. I have only listed guys not currently under contract long term, so assume all players can be kept at this price one additional year or extended. I have them listed by price descending.

Hitters:

Daniel Murphy 27
    Didi Gregorious 4
    Jason Werth 2
    Chris Carter 1
    Odubel Herrera 1

Pitchers:

Aaron Sanchez 22
    Drew Pomeranz 11
    Ian Kennedy 10
    Jon Gray 5
    Matt Shoemaker 1
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-09-2017, 04:41 PM.

Odubel Herrera 1
    Daniel Murphy 27
    Jon Gray 5
    Chris Carter 1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Aaron Sanchez 22
    Drew Pomeranz 11
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Didi Gregorious 4
    Matt Shoemaker 1
    Jason Werth 2
    Ian Kennedy 10

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Odubel Herrera 1
      Daniel Murphy 27
      Jon Gray 5
      Chris Carter 1
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Aaron Sanchez 22
      Drew Pomeranz 11
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Didi Gregorious 4
      Matt Shoemaker 1
      Jason Werth 2
      Ian Kennedy 10
      So, it seems to come down to Sanchez or Pomeranz for the final spot. I like Sanchez more, but he is a young guy who got pushed pretty hard late last year. I do worry about a drop off. Pom, on the other hand, has his own history of injury and inconsistency, but he is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Odubel Herrera 1
        Daniel Murphy 27
        Jon Gray 5
        Chris Carter 1
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Aaron Sanchez 22
        Drew Pomeranz 11
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Didi Gregorious 4
        Matt Shoemaker 1
        Jason Werth 2
        Ian Kennedy 10
        Agreed - I just don't see the upside with Didi, Shoemaker, Werth, or Kennedy.

Comment

Hmmm...I'm going with a different opinion. I'd keep Shoemaker over ASanchez and Pomeranz. I don't know what the Angels did to him to fix him, but fix him they did. He was electric after coming back, including a very consistent second half with a 3.00 ERA, 1.08 WHIP and better than a 5:1 K:BB ratio. The K/9 isn't awesome, but Sanchez's isn't awesome either, and Sanchez's K:BB ratio was much lower for the second half, just a shade over 2:1.

For the extra $20, I keep Shoemaker. Agree with revo's top four.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I really like Shoemaker too. I know you need elite talent, but how convinced are you that Sanchez is that guy? If you're convinced, then take him as your 5th. If not, Shoemaker might not be that far off, and he's a lot cheaper.

Comment

You guys are not concerned with Shoemaker's head injury? Is he slated to be ok for spring training?

Comment

Working...
              X