Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    you up!

So interesting pick on Miller -- is he the closer, or is it the as-yet undrafted other guy?
    Dunno. That's why I wouldn't take the Indians RPs right now.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Dunno. That's why I wouldn't take the Indians RPs right now.
      Certainly not with other much more stable options still available.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I really thought I would be able to get Eaton at the turn... even that would have been a big jump.

Comment

you up!

So interesting pick on Miller -- is he the closer, or is it the as-yet undrafted other guy?
          I was interested to see where Miller would go too. I suspect they'll continue splitting duties, but that's just a guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I was interested to see where Miller would go too. I suspect they'll continue splitting duties, but that's just a guess.
            He is plenty valuable even witthout the saves, but like DMT said, I think I'd err to more stable options at this point.

Comment

• The run on closers seems like it left a few good offensive options out there. Initially I planned to pick one up around here, but after that run there's nothing left on this tier, so I'll wait a few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                The run on closers seems like it left a few good offensive options out there. Initially I planned to pick one up around here, but after that run there's nothing left on this tier, so I'll wait a few rounds.
                Love Jose Ramirez this season. I can't believe I drafted him in the RJEL minor league draft and didn't keep him after he became a zero contract.

Comment

Love Jose Ramirez this season. I can't believe I drafted him in the RJEL minor league draft and didn't keep him after he became a zero contract.
                  I had him in a few leagues in 2015 and suffered through his struggles. The talent was always there but that season was hard to stomach. But that's not atypical for a 22 year old in the major leagues.

His resurgence last year was similar to Villar's (although on a much, much smaller scale in the counting stats)

Comment

Think you traded him to me that offseason and then I cut him after he was horrible during the 1H. Then, I go and trade for him again a couple of weeks ago. Just can't quit that guy either

Comment

• Guys, please send me an email or PM when I'm up. I'll pick after I get to work and finish my first meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Guys, please send me an email or PM when I'm up. I'll pick after I get to work and finish my first meeting.
                        JC, since we like you so much we'll just let you pick them now.

pssst you're up!
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yeah I know but I'm in the car. I meant just as a general rule you should PM or email me, which no one did last night

Comment

He is plenty valuable even witthout the saves, but like DMT said, I think I'd err to more stable options at this point.
                            With 100+ K, puny ERA and WHIP, he's as stable as it gets. Add 10 W and 10 saves for the icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by quoin View Post
                              With 100+ K, puny ERA and WHIP, he's as stable as it gets. Add 10 W and 10 saves for the icing on the cake.
                              I don't think the 10 wins is repeatable from a reliever.

Comment

• Originally posted by quoin View Post
                                Yeah, didn't mean "stable" as in if he's going to blow up or not. His stability seems more in the hands of his manager than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X